As part of Council’s Operational Plan deliverables Council conducted a Community Perception Survey (CPS) which seeked to understand our community’s satisfaction with Council.
It will also provide Council with baseline data to support Council’s performance and inform opportunities. The survey ran from Monday, 21 September 2020 – Monday, 26 October 2020.
The CPS will be used to:
- measure Council’s performance
- measure the community’s satisfaction with Council
- provide Council with baseline data
- provide feedback from the community on how Council’s performance can improve.
Council’s 2020 Community Perception Survey was conducted by qualified consultants, Communities Thrive, via phone, online and hard copy surveys. Council encouraged residents to participate and provide their honest feedback.
The survey was also available to complete online and in person at Council offices, libraries and RTCs:
- Agnes Water Library, 71 Springs Road, Agnes Water
- Agnes Water Rural Transaction Centre, 71 Springs Road, Agnes Water
- Boyne Tannum Community Centre, Cnr Wyndham & Hayes Avenues, Boyne Island
- Calliope Library and Transaction Centre, 3 Don Cameron Drive, Calliope
- Community Engagement Centre, 142 Goondoon Street, Gladstone
- Gladstone City Library, 39 Goondoon Street, Gladstone
- Gladstone Office, 101 Goondoon Street, Gladstone
- Miriam Vale Office, 41 Blomfield Street, Miriam Vale
- Mount Larcom Rural Transaction Centre, 47 Raglan Street, Mount Larcom
Council appreciated the community’s involvement in the survey and look forward to using the feedback to advise future projects, communication and priorities for our region.