An exciting opportunity to be part of an organisation to that is committed to delivering outstanding service to our community. Applications closed at midday Fri 17 Sep.
Gladstone Regional Council is proud to help facilitate the upskilling of our region.
There are a variety of opportunities available which will provide on-the-job training and support to develop employability skills, knowledge and experience.
Our training opportunities consist of a mix of hands on practical work, learning from experienced leaders, and classroom education in the vocational area to develop theoretical knowledge.
Positions available for our 2022 intake include:
- Business Administration Trainees
- Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Plant Mechanic
- Apprentice Botanic/Nursery Gardener
- Apprentice Plumber *
- Civil Construction Trainee
- Process Operator Trainee *
- Theatre Technician Trainee
- Conservation & Land Management Trainee
- Process Operator Trainee
- Waste Management Trainee
- Finance Trainee
- Governance Trainee
* These Apprentice Plumber and Process Operator positions are located at Agnes Water/Seventeen Seventy.
Benefits for Council apprentices and trainees include:
- competitive salaries including penalty rates, where applicable
- a nine-day fortnight*
- uniforms and all tools provided
- 100% of training costs paid for by Council
- ongoing training and career development in their specialty
- dedicated support person and mentor
Our shortlisting process
Shortlisted applicants can expect to participate in aptitude testing and an interview and will participate in an assessment centre.
In reward for your hard work
You will have the opportunity to kick start your career within a progressive local government organisation working within a team that values your contribution.
How to apply
Applications opened Wednesday, 1 September 2021 and closed midday Friday, 17 September 2021.
Successful candidates will commence with Council on Monday, 7 February 2022.
Please visit our Current Vacancies page to view our current positions available.
For more information about apprenticeships and traineeships with Council, phone Customer Service on 4970 0700.