Gladstone Regional Council launches new Corporate Plan
Gladstone Regional Council today (Thursday) launched its 2021 – 2026 Corporate Plan setting out its refreshed commitment to a dynamic, resilient and diverse future for the region through to 2026.
The new plan replaces the Council’s 2018 – 2023 Corporate Plan which underwent a major review to understand the current economic climate, community connections and the impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Gladstone Region Mayor Matt Burnett said the new Corporate Plan sets out the Council’s strategic direction over the next five years.
“As our primary strategic planning document, the 2021 – 2026 Corporate Plan will guide us to achieve realistic outcomes, for our communities, our people and our customers,” Councillor Burnett said.
“There will be a multi-year emphasis on further enhancing connections with our community, providing value for money for our ratepayers and meeting community expectations in the way we serve.
“This five-year plan will guide us towards making decisions that will impact both present and future generations, in a region where the future will be built on connection, innovation and diversification.”
Gladstone Regional Council Acting Chief Executive Officer Carly Quinn said that the new corporate plan was necessary to meet changed circumstances.
“The present economic climate required us to revisit our strategic goals and refine them, so our efforts could be channelled towards building success for all our communities,” Ms Quinn said.
“We considered factors such as population growth, the role of industry in the region, service expectations and the likelihood of further disasters or pandemic events in determining what that success looked like.”
Over the next five years Council aims to deliver on five key goals:
- Connecting Communities – Working to support the success of our communities by giving them the opportunity to influence and actively participate in Council decision-making and ensuring they are well understood, with programs and services designed to strengthen our region.
- Delivering Value – Working efficiently to deliver value for ratepayers through smart and effective asset management, consistently delivering capital and maintenance programs, making sure that we are easier to work with and continually improving the way we do business.
- Resilient Economy – Making sure we are playing our part in the success of the Gladstone Region by supporting its transition and role as a driver of economic growth and increased liveability and visitation to the region.
- Our People – Looking after our people so they can look after our community, making sure they return home safely and are proud to work for Council.
- Accountable Council – Providing good stewardship built on a foundation of trust by embedding risk management, transparency and accountability in everything we do, managing finances sustainably and keeping the environment front of mind in what we do.
Please visit www.gladstone.qld.gov.au/plans-reports to see the full 2021 – 2026 Corporate Plan.