Council closes facilities to ensure community and employee safety
Council wishes to advise that selected facilities and swimming pools are closed until further notice.
Gladstone Regional Council has taken a proactive approach to the ongoing Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, which is being monitored daily, with Council acting on the advice of Queensland Health and the Queensland and Australian Governments.
Online services and phone services are still available.
Arts, Culture and Community facilities closed include:
- Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Museum – closed from Monday 23 March
- Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre (GECC) – closed 18 March
Transfer Station Tip Top Shops closed from Friday 20 March include:
- Benaraby Transfer Station Tip Top Shop
- Gladstone Transfer Station Tip Top Shop.
Council-owned swimming pools closed from Friday 20 March include:
- Gladstone Aquatic Centre
- Mount Larcom swimming pool
Gladstone Region Pound operating on reduced hours:
- The Pound will have an officer present between 1pm-3pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday to accept animal surrenders, animal releases and to help facilitate the hire and return of cat traps.
- Payments for animal releases must be made online at https://online.gladstone.qld.gov.au or over the phone prior to attending the Pound. Cash payments will not be accepted.