Customer Service Centres, Rural Transaction Centres and Arts, Culture and Community facilities to close until further notice
Council wishes to advise that all its Customer Service Centres, Rural Transaction Centres and Arts, Culture and Community facilities and swimming pools will be closing until further notice.
Gladstone Regional Council is taking a proactive approach to the ongoing Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, which is being monitored daily, with Council acting on the advice of Queensland Health and the Queensland and Australian Governments.
The decision to close Customer Service Centres, Rural Transaction Centre and Arts and Culture facilities was made with the safety of Council employees and the community in mind.
Council will maintain essential services with customer service resources including online services and call lines remaining open.
Appointment-only services will be available at all Customer Service Centres and the Community Engagement Centre by calling Council on 4970 0700.
Arts, Culture and Community facilities to close include:
- All six Regional Libraries (Agnes Water, Boyne Island, Calliope, Gladstone City, Miriam Vale and Mount Larcom) – closed from Monday 23 March
- Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Museum – closed from Monday 23 March
- Gladstone Tondoon Botanic Gardens administration building – closed from Monday 23 March (Botanic Garden to remain open)
- Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre (GECC) – closed 18 March.
All Customer Service Centres to close from Monday 23 March include:
- Agnes Water (71 Springs Road) – Electoral Commission of Queensland (ECQ) pre-poll voting will continue but social distancing practices will be implemented.
- Calliope Office (5 Don Cameron Drive)
- Community Engagement Centre (142 Goondoon Street)
- Gladstone Office (101 Goondoon Street)
- Miriam Vale Office (41 Blomfield Street)
- Mount Larcom (47 Raglan Street) – Open for Australia Post facilities only
- Boyne Tannum Community Centre (Cnr Wyndham and Hayes Avenues) – ECQ pre-poll voting will continue but social distancing practices will be implemented.
Transfer Station Tip Top Shops to close from Friday 20 March include:
- Benaraby Transfer Station Tip Top Shop
- Gladstone Transfer Station Tip Top Shop.
Council-owned swimming pools to close from Friday 20 March include:
- Gladstone Aquatic Centre
- Mount Larcom swimming pool
Gladstone Region Pound to operate on reduced hours:
- The Pound will have an officer present between 1pm-3pm Monday to Friday to accept animal surrenders, animal releases and to help facilitate the hire and return of cat traps.
- Payments for animal releases must be made online at https://online.gladstone.qld.gov.au or over the phone prior to attending the Pound. Cash payments will not be accepted.