Are you wanting to shine a light on National Road Safety Week? Schools, businesses, community groups, and organisations are encouraged to host an event or promote the week.
National Road Safety Week is an annual initiative from the Safer Australian Roads and Highways (SARAH) Group, partnering road safety organisations and Government. The week highlights the impact of road trauma and ways to reduce it.
Every year, more than 1,200 people are killed and 44,000 seriously injured on Australian roads. National Road Safety Week is a time for us to remember those people who have experienced trauma on our roads. For more information about National Road Safety Week, visit the SARAH Group website.
StreetSmarts has developed some prepared materials in our stakeholder and supporters kit to:
- Raise awareness of the week in your organisation/club/school
- Provide ideas for hosting an event or other activity
- Share or make a social media posts
- Access digital resources including a guide and artwork, and logos to show your support
- Purchase merchandise, including yellow ribbons and t-shirts/polo shirts from the National Road Safety Week website
- Use other StreetSmarts resources.