14 September is R U OK? Day which is about inspiring everyone to ask that simple but important question, "Are you OK?" and start a conversation that could save a life.
R U OK? Day 2023 is wrapping up but the conversations are just getting started.
Any day you’re concerned that someone might be struggling, trust your gut and ask, ‘are you OK?’.
If you, or someone you care about, needs immediate support, Lifeline is available for a confidential chat, any time, day or night (13 11 14). You can find other support services at https://bit.ly/3Me8D6Y.
These services are for everyone - whether you’re concerned about someone else or you’re in need of a listening ear.
For more information and resources on R U OK? Day, please visit: https://www.ruok.org.au/
Worried someone might be suicidal?
There are useful contacts for someone who is not ok.
- If your life is in danger or you are concerned for your own or someone else’s safety, please call 000.
- You can find support by contacting your local doctor / GP
- There are crisis lines available 24/7:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636
- Suicide Call Back service: 1300 659 467
- Mensline: 1300 789 978.