The Gladstone Regional Council is calling on applicants to provide suitable activities for the Days of Summer. Applications Close 9am 31 August 2020.
The Gladstone Regional Council will again hold Festival of Summer in January 2021. The weeklong festival consists of three separate events and is designed for youths aged 11 – 17 years.
To launch the event, the Opening Festival will be held on Sunday 10th January from 1pm – 4pm at Gladstone Aquatic Centre. The Opening Festival is free to attend and is open to children/families of all ages.
The weekdays following the Opening festival are the Days of Summer. This event will offer 5 days of activities for 11-17 year olds, including a Beach Day in Agnes/1770, Adrenalin Day, Art Day etc., combining interests for a full day of fun. Individual activities may be grouped together or left as standalone activities. Activities will cover all areas of interest like fashion, circus, theatre, art, etc.
The weeklong festival will conclude with a youth concert - Festival of Summer Sounds, on Saturday 16th January, featuring a lineup of local talent and headline acts.
ATTENTION ACTIVITY PROVIDERS
The Gladstone Regional Council is calling on applicants to provide suitable activities for the Days of Summer. Activities must be suitable for youth aged 11-17 years and be held in the Gladstone region between 11th – 15th January 2021.
The Gladstone Regional Council invites you to submit an application to provide activities for this event.
The Request for Service requires the candidate to:
- Develop and deliver the activity for the Festival of Summer event between the 11th - 15th January
- Outline the fee/budget for activity - please detail material costs
- Ensure the activity is suitable for ages 11-17 year olds
- Complete a risk assessment plan for your activity (a template can be provided)
- Have a current Blue Card
- Demonstrate the ability to provide basic First Aid, including supplying a First Aid Kit
- Demonstrate COVID safe considerations – including social distancing, personal hygiene etc. A COVID Plan will be provided by GRC.
Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Suitable for 11-17 year olds
- Value to the event - Youth Engagement
- Value to the event - Creativity
- Aligns with vision of event
- Budget / Level of Sponsorship
- Local / Regional Connection
- Environmental Impact
- Safety considerations details
- Provided all documentation – Application complete
Further information can be found on the application form. Applications can be requested from the Community Events team on (07) 4970 0700 or by emailing email@example.com
Completed Applications must be received by 9am Monday 31st August to be considered. All applicants will be contacted by Friday 11th September.
Submission of an application does not automatically guarantee the activity will be accepted. Please contact the Community Events team for any additional information or enquiries.