Join us in celebrating five years of Luminous, 13-15 July, with a mix of new installations and iconic favourites to excite and entertain all ages. 5.30pm-9.30pm 13-15 July
As we begin the transformation visitors are advised of the following changes to access and opening hours:
Friday, 7 July to Monday, 17 July
Tondoon Botanic Gardens will be closed to all vehicles. Visitors will still be able to enjoy the gardens with parking available in the industry carpark adjacent.
Thursday, 13 July to Saturday, 16 July
The Gardens will close to all visitors at 3pm daily and reopen at 5.30pm for Luminous 2023.
Explore Tondoon Botanic Gardens in a playful new light. Luminous is back with a mix of iconic favourites to excite and entertain all ages. The multi award-winning Luminous is a mesmerising visual event which features:
- impressive lighting displays
- illuminated art
- live music
- roving entertainment
- children’s activities
- and more!
Date: 13-15 July 2023
Time: 5.30pm – 9.30pm
Location: Tondoon Botanic Gardens | 672 Glenlyon Rd, Gladstone QLD 4680
Cost: This year we are offering two different viewing experiences for our community!
Thursday 13 July - SOLD OUT
Be the first to see Luminous with less crowds, reduced traffic and easier parking. Limited to 2500.
Children (Under 3) Free | Children (3-17 years) $3 | Adults $5 | Family $13 (2A, 2C)
Ticket will NOT be available to purchase at the gate
Friday 14 July and Saturday 15 July
No bookings required.
- Gates open at 5.30pm.
- Parking is available at Meteor's and industry carpark (free buses running Friday and Saturday nights).
- Disabled Parking - let our parking attendants know you need disabled parking and they will assist from there.
- Rug up! There will be plenty of hot food and drinks to keep you warm.
- Remember - no dogs allowed inside the gardens (service dogs allowed).
- No ATM onsite, food/bar vendors have eftpos facilities.
Parking: The Meteor’s Soccer Club area opposite Tondoon Gardens and the industry carpark have parking available.
- Binneys Tornado Potatoes
- German Sausage Wagon (Gluten free options available)
- Hughesey Que
- Lemonade and Churros - Fresh lemonade,slushies, deep fried food (churrors, tornado potato, slushies, dagwood dogs etc)
- Lunch Box - Mexican street food (including gluten free nachos)
- Big Mama’s Kitchen (Gluten free options available)
- Mister Bratwurst
- Ri Ri’s Food Van
- Royal Thai Kitchen
- Squid Lips
- Thai Lek Lek
- The Bundy Burger Co
- We R Woodfire Pizza
Coffee and Dessert
- Deja Brew (Gluten free options available)
- Dutchies SuperWhip
- Delightful Dutch Pancakes
- Miss Bubble Tea
- Mrs Ownsy’s Retro Café
Free shuttle busses (no bookings required) will operate Friday and Saturday to assist with parking limitations at the Tondoon Botanic Gardens.
*Times above are approximate and subject to traffic conditions on the day.
The Meteor’s Soccer Club area opposite Tondoon Gardens and the industry carpark will be available for parking.