The sixth biennial Mayor’s Charity Ball will be held Saturday 29 May 2021. Tickets will go on sale 1 March 2021. Beneficiary Nominations close 9am, Mon 28 Sept 2020.
This event promises to be the highlight of the 2021 event calendar with funds being raised to support local charities to aid their nominated projects.
To date, the Mayor’s Charity Ball has collectively raised approximately $391,801.81 for local charities.
Be sure to save-the-date and fundraise in style with special guests and live entertainment.
Sponsorship provides the combined benefit of gaining valuable exposure within the community, whilst also supporting local charities.
If you would like to be a part of this event, and help to contribute support local charities, please contact the Community Events team for more information.
Please direct any questions relating to the 2021 Santos GLNG Mayor’s Charity Ball to the Community Events team via phone: (07) 4970 0700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: We ask that you do not attend the event if you; have returned from overseas or a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days, have cold or flu like symptoms or have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Local charities are invited to apply to be a beneficiary and receive financial support from funds raised.
Please note, selected beneficiaries for the 2021 Santos GLNG Mayor’s Charity Ball will be required to enter into a Fundraising Agreement with Council and provide an acquittal of the funding . Proposed projects must be completed within 12 months from the 2021 Santos GLNG Mayor’s Charity Ball date. The acquittal date is set for 22 May 2022. View the Terms and Conditions.
If you would like to apply to be a beneficiary please complete the online form.
Charities wishing to share in the proceeds of the bi-annual Gladstone Regional Council Mayor’s Charity Ball must be located within the Gladstone Regional Council area and registered as a charity under the Collections Act 1966 (Qld). Charities must detail their innovations and show their connection to the community of the Gladstone Region. Charities must also demonstrate the diversity of how the proceeds will benefit Gladstone regional community members.
A decision will be made by the organising committee who will receive proceeds from the event each year. There will generally be 3 chosen beneficiaries and the split of proceeds will be decided based on applications provided. Any decisions made are final. Preference will be given to programs/projects that directly align with Council’s strategic objectives.
TYPE OF ASSISTANCE
Financial assistance may be granted to the Community Beneficiary to support the following:
- Mobility and learning aids
- Educational equipment and assistance
- Sporting infrastructure or equipment
- Motor vehicles
- Building projects or modifications
- Recreational and respite programs
- New/innovative technologies
Financial assistance is unlikely to be granted for:
- Sponsorship, fundraising appeals or scholarships
- Religious or political purposes
- General operations or running costs
- Projects outside of the Gladstone region
- Personal assistance
It is a condition of acceptance that any beneficiary selected will enter into a Fundraising Agreement, which will include conditions that the beneficiary:
- Appoints Council to conduct appeals for support associated with the Ball on behalf of the beneficiary.
- Authorises Council to promote in advertising and promotion of the Ball and sourcing of sponsorship that the profits will be distributed to beneficiaries.
- Authorises Council to supply the beneficiary’s logo for use in promotional material.
- Actively promote the event through all mediums available to it, as well as actively participation any Public Relations/Media opportunities.
- Provide an active representative on the organising Committee.
- Play an active role in the Fundraising preparations of the event, including having the capacity to source:
An acquittal of the funding spend will be required for any beneficiaries of the 2021 Santos GLNG Mayor’s Charity Ball. Proposed projects must be completed within 12 months from the date of the 2021 Santos GLNG Mayor’s Charity Ball. The acquittal date is set for 22 May 2022.