Launching in October, Gladstone Regional Council will host its inaugural Sport and Active Living Festival to celebrate and support sport and active living within the Gladstone Region.
The Sport and Active Living Festival will run from Sunday, 13 October to Sunday, 20 October and incorporate many different activities community members can be involved in.
- Sunday 13 October - Free Event Launch at Memorial Park, Gladstone (9am - 1pm)
- Monday 14 Octover to Thursday 17 October - Come and Try Sessions with recreation groups across the region
- Friday 18 October - Sport and Active Living Expo at Kev Broome Stadium, Memorial Park (Gladstone Basketball Stadium (5pm - 7pm)
- Saturday 19 October - Club Development Workshops at Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre
- Sunday 20 October - Biondello Bolt (trail run up Mount Biondello, the highest peak in Gladstone), starting at the Tondoon Botanic Gardens)