Visit Finland and marvel at Sibelius’ icy soundscapes, step into a bustling Bohemian village and enjoy Dvořák’s Slavonic Dances, and feel the magic of Totoro, one’s of Japan’s most-loved animated characters.
There is also music by Handel, Sculthorpe, Ravel and much more.
Hosted and conducted by the inimitable Guy Noble, this will be a real treat.
When: Friday, 27 August
Free Admission - please Check In using the QR Codes on display at the event.
Residents are encouraged to bring chairs or a blanket to the family-friendly event.
Now in its ninth consecutive year, Queensland Symphony Orchestra’s Symphony Under the Stars is presented by Gladstone Regional Council and Australia Pacific LNG ConocoPhillips. Local Gladstone high school students will join the orchestra in an exciting opening to the program.
- ROSSINI William Tell Overture and ‘Galop’
- TCHAIKOVSKY ‘March’ and ‘Danse russ trepak’ from The Nutcracker
- SCULTHORPE Small Town
- DVOŘÁK Slavonic Dances Op. 72, No.7
- COPLAND Fanfare for the Common Man
- GRIEG ‘In the Hall of the Mountain King’ from Peer Gynt
- BRUCH Romance in F major, for Viola & Orchestra
- HANDEL Royal Fireworks Music, HWV 351
- HISAISHI My Neighbour Totoro
- BORODIN In the Steppes of Central Asia
- SHARPE Blades of Toledo
- SIBELIUS Finlandia, Op.26