- Glenlyon St (Bramston-Herbert St) - Road Upgrade
- Description of Works
This project involves significant road renewal and widening along Glenlyon Street, both north and south bound lanes, footpath work including property access and crossings, kerb and channel replacement, removal and installation of road signs and landscape works within the median strip. Relining to upgrade and improve stormwater pipes was carried out first.
Work includes road profiling which involves removal of the existing layers of the road pavement material, enabling new road pavement material and then a new asphalt seal to be placed for north and southbound lanes along Glenlyon St (Bramston St-Herbert St). During these works, the area of road being worked on will close to traffic, with detours required.
- 5 February 2024 (Road and footpath upgrade work starts)
- 30 June 2024, site conditions and weather permitting
- More information
This work will improve asset performance and longevity, reducing ongoing maintenance costs for road infrastructure in this area.
Stormwater pipe and sewer relining works were carried out in March 2023.
Completing this work first will enable road and footpath upgrade to follow to lessen the project’s overall disruption and impacts for residents and the community.
Road and footpath upgrades will involve extensive upgrade work to our road infrastructure and at times, may involve lane/road closures, pedestrian disruptions and significant traffic changes.
Planned work forecast
Please use this information as a guide only. Due to the nature of construction projects and unforeseen delays, works may vary.
- 5 February: Contractor on-site.
- February: Stage 1 - Glenlyon St, southbound - footpath, driveways and kerb and channel work, including demolition works, concrete works and turfing.
- February to April: Stage 2 - Median Lanes - road pavement demolition and profiling, hydro excavation works, road pavement replacement, kerb and channel, concrete median, brick wall.
- April to May: Stage 3 - North and Southbound Outside Lanes
- Southbound lane - road pavement demolition and profiling, road pavement replacement, new kerb and channel.
- Northbound lane - road pavement demolition and profiling, road pavement replacement, new kerb and channel.
- Late May to June: Stage 4 - Asphalt and line-marking works all areas.
What to expect
Work will be carried out Monday to Fridays, with weekend work expected at varying times throughout the construction, where approved by Council, to mitigate interruptions to traffic flow and impacts to the community.
- Noise, vibration, dust and operation of heavy machinery can be expected from the project site.
- Motorists are urged to follow signage and directions of traffic control including any detours.
- Pedestrians please follow signage and directions.
- Please plan for delays, prepare for changed road conditions and detours.
The Glenlyon St (Bramston-Herbert St) Road Upgrade project is funded by the Queensland Government’s Transport Infrastructure Development Scheme (TIDS) and Gladstone Regional Council.