- BITS Golf Club, Jacaranda Drive, Boyne Island
- Description of Works
BITS Golf Club Irrigation and Soil Remediation work is scheduled as part of Gladstone Regional Council’s 2023/24 Capital Works program.
This project will be delivered in five stages and involves supply, installation, and commissioning of a new irrigation system for the existing thirteen (13) hole course.
Work also includes associated soil remediation works to resolve issues of excess soil and turf in areas on the golf course.
- 10 July 2023
- 31 March 2024
- More information
Work will be scheduled, where practical, to allow patrons to continue using the facility, however at times, access restrictions to specific areas of the golf course will apply.
The project will involve upgrade of the BITS Golf Club irrigation system and soil remediation, while maintaining the existing system and access for golf members to 9 holes. Disruptions will affect about three holes at any one time.
During these works, overall water supply to the BITS Sports Fields irrigation systems will be maintained.
What’s been happening?
As part of Stage 4 work, Holes 2 and 3, were handed back to the Golf Club on 16 February. Hole 4 however required a large amount of soil and turf remediation work and will need to remain out of play for a little longer to allow adequate recovery time before use.
- Completed installation of the 160mm Main line down Holes 2 and 4.
- Completed installation of the 125mm Main line down Hole 3.
- Completed irrigation on Holes 2, 3 and 4.
- Completed soil remediation and turfing on Holes 3 and 4.
- Irrigation installed around the 2nd Green and soil remediation works completed on the Fairway.
- Work planned, site conditions and weather permitting:
- Commence the final stage of works.
- Connection of Potable Water line to pump shed.
- 225mm Main line from 13th Green to the 6th
- Irrigation on the 6th Green
What To Expect
- Works will occur six days/week from 6am-6pm Monday to Friday and from 6am-3pm on Saturdays.
- Adjustable works program to maximise patrons use of the facility.
- Some vibration, dust and machinery noise associated with work.
- At times, access restrictions to specific areas.
- Please observe signage and directions during works.
We value the co-operation of members and players and appreciate your patience and understanding during these project works.
- Please remain safety conscious near work areas and do not enter flagged-off construction areas.
- Efforts are being made to limit the number of holes out of play. Holes will be reopened as soon as they are safe to play.
- Please take additional care in reopened areas, particularly in newly turfed areas of repair.
- Please refrain from golf cart use on newly turfed and/or disrupted areas to allow turf recovery.
- Golf cart users are also requested to avoid driving over valve boxes or sprinkler heads, as any damage caused is charged to the club for repair.
Please use this information as a guide only. Works are subject to weather and on-site conditions. Due to the nature of construction projects and unforeseen delays, works and timeframes may vary.