Gladstone Regional Council operating hours will change during the Christmas and New Year period.
Urgent phone enquiries will be taken 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on (07) 4970 0700.
Administration Offices and Depots
Benaraby Landfill and Transfer Stations
Animal Pound Facility
Aquatic Centre and Pools
Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre
Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Museum
Gladstone Region Libraries
Philip Street Communities & Families Precinct
Tondoon Botanic Gardens
Australia Day Public Holiday
- Council’s Administration Offices and Rural Transaction Centres will close on Friday, 23 December and resume normal hours on Tuesday, 3 January 2023
- Depots will also close on 23 December and reopen on 3 January 2023, as per normal hours
Residential refuse and recycling collection will continue as per the normal collection schedule on all weekdays (including public holidays) during the Christmas and New Year period.
- Benaraby Landfill and all Transfer Stations will be closed on Christmas Day and will operate as normal on Boxing Day and Public Holidays in December.
- Tip Top Shop at Benaraby Landfill and Gladstone Transfer Station will be Closed 25-27 December.
- Closed Public Holidays.
- Impound Releases are appointment only.
- Registrations are to be completed online via GRC payment website PRIOR to attending the pound for appointment/collection.
- Impound and Sustenance fees will be payable at the Pound via EFT ONLY – NO CASH facility.
- If the animal is not microchipped, Council will arrange an appointment with the animal owner when GRC reopens to conduct the microchipping – the cost of the microchip will be paid at time of release as it is included in the Pound Release Fees.
- To make an appointment, please phone Council on (07) 4970 0700.
- Only one person per appointment is allowed in the Pound.
- Please bring your own restraints (leashes or cages/carriers).
- Normal hours and processes will resume from 3 January 2023.
- Animal traps will not be hired to the public from close of business on Tuesday, 6 December 2022 and those that are hired out MUST be returned by noon on Tuesday, 20 December 2022.
- Gladstone Aquatic Centre and the Mount Larcom Pool are operated by Blue Fit.
- See their website for holiday season opening hours.
- Note the Calliope Pool is owned by Education Department and is run by CK Aquatics.
- Vehicle and pedestrian access will be available throughout the Christmas/ New Year period (depending on layout of facility).
- Unavailable for services 25-27 December and 1-2 January 2023.
- The GECC Box Office and venue will close - 4.30pm from 16 December; resume normal hours from 3 January 2023.
- Bookings and tickets to events can still be made online.
- Close - 4.30pm, 23 December; resume normal hours 3 January 2023.
Gladstone, Agnes Water, Calliope, Miriam Vale, Mount Larcom
- Close - 5pm, 23 December; resume normal hours 3 January 2023.
- Close - 5.30pm, 23 December; resume normal hours 3 January 2023.
- Close - 5pm, 23 December; resume normal hours from 3 January 2023.
- Open every day (except 25 December) from 7am - 6pm.
All venues will be closed on Australia Day public holiday on 26 January 2023, with the exception of Tondoon Botanic Gardens.
The Gladstone Aquatic Centre and Mt Larcom pool may have limited operating hours.
See website for details.
Events Listing - Including School Holiday activities (Summer Events Guide)
Lilley's Beach Permit - Permit applications are online
Online Services - Pay, Apply and Report online
RegionWatch - Online platform for information during emergencies and disasters