Enjoy a family fun day out with educational workshops and activities, food trucks and market stalls.
Central Queensland’s largest environmental awareness event, Ecofest, returns with a new look in 2021.
Enjoy educational workshops, talks, and activities focused on this year's theme - 'Ecosystem Restoration', as well as market stalls and food trucks at our beautiful Tondoon Botanic Gardens.
This year's theme is especially relevant for the Gladstone Region which is fortunate to be home to a vast array of ecosystems from the Southern Great Barrier Reef, rainforest, wetlands, coastlines and more.
WHEN: 10am – 3pm, Sunday 6 June 2021
WHERE: Gladstone Tondoon Botanic Garden | 672 Glenlyon Rd, Gladstone QLD 4680
COST: Donations welcome. Funds raised will be reinvested by Council into environmental education and awareness campaigns.
Botanical Paper Workshop with A Country Arts Practice
Weaving Workshop with Local fibre artist Christine Holden
Musical instrument making and mandala art project with Creative Recycling Centre
Kinder Gym Obstacle Course
Mini Golf Course
Calliope Crafty Capers Workshops
Tondoon Botanic Gardens Community Planting
Yogo Workshop (10am & 1.30pm)
- 10.10am-10.20am - MC Welcome, Welcome to Country, Address from the Mayor
- 10.25am - Tondoon Botanic Gardens Competition 1
- 10.45am - Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority Presentation - Crown of-thorns starfish management of Great Barrier Reef
- 11am - Tondoon Botanic Gardens Competition 2
- 11.05am - Presentation from CQ University - Marine & Costal Ecosystem Restoration and seagrass restoration
- 11.35am - Creative Recycling Centre Fix it Don’t Ditch it
- 11.55am - Tondoon Botanic Gardens Competition 3
- 12pm - Plastic Free Mermaid Presentation
- 12.30pm - Bundaberg Botanic Gardens Presentation
- 12.45pm - Jodi Jones Presentation
- 1pm - Tondoon Botanic Gardens Competition 4
- 1.05pm - Air Quality Gladstone Talk
- 1.30pm - Plastic Free Mermaid Presentation
- 2pm - Tondoon Botanic Gardens Competition 5
- 2.05pm - Ruth Crossen Memorial
- 2.10pm - Gladstone Regional Council’s Brent Braddick presents the Macadamia Jansenii Project
- 2.20pm - Rockhampton Botanic Gardens
- 2.30pm - Rusty Linnane – Seedlings Talk
- 2.50pm - Gladstone Regional Council’s Rebecca Hendry presents the Murraya crenulata project
- 3pm - Tondoon Botanic Gardens Competition Major Prize Draw
Shuttle busses will operate throughout the day to assist with parking limitations at the Tondoon Botanic Gardens.
*Times above are approximate and subject to traffic conditions on the day.
Kirkwood shopping centre parking will be restricted to the area shaded green below.
The Meteor’s Soccer Club area opposite Tondoon Gardens will not have parking available.
Gladstone Regional Council will continue to develop strategies to preserve, conserve and enhance these natural settings for present and future generations.
We ask that you do not attend if you; have returned from overseas or a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days, have cold or flu like symptoms, have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.