- About Council
- Jobs at Council
- Reports and Publications
- Local Laws
Gladstone Regional Council Publication Scheme
Council publication scheme contains the following information:
- About Us (who we are and what we do)
- Our Services (the services we offer)
- Our Finances (what we spend and how we spend it)
- Our Priorities (what are priorities are and how we are doing)
- Our Decisions (how we make decisions)
- Our Policies (our policies and procedures)
- Our Lists (lists and registers)
- Our Annual Report is a good starting point for finding a range of information about how Council operates.
- Mayor and Councillors: The Gladstone Region elects eight councillors and the Mayor.
- Council's Corporate Structure: Our corporate (or organisational) structure is decided by Council. Council administration is responsible to the Gladstone Regional Council Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Laws and Regulations: The Gladstone Regional Council is responsible for ensuring relevant state and local laws are observed.
- Contact Council: You can contact Council via phone, mail, online, or in person.
A general list of services provided by Council:
- Find out more about Council's services by exploring the website
- Download forms
- Provide Council with valuable feedback
- Council publications: List of Council's corporate publications and meeting minutes
- Council news and media releases
What we spend and how we spend it, including our financial statements and our financial management practices.
- The Budget documentation provides information about the budget.
- Fees and Charges: Council's schedule of fees and charges is adopted each year as part of its annual budget.
- Council's Corporate Reporting: The Local Government Act 2009 requires Council to report on its progress towards implementing corporate and operational plans. Our progress towards implementation of the Corporate Plan and Operational Plan is reviewed on a monthly basis and reported each year through the Annual Report.
Information about what our priorities are and how we are doing are contained in the following documents:
- Gladstone Regional Council's Corporate Plan: The Corporate Plan enables the whole organisation to work together in the same direction to address the key priorities for the community and achieve Council's vision. The Corporate Plan is a way for Council to communicate its direction with its stakeholders, particularly the community, and provides a framework for reporting back on progress achieved through the various activities of the organisation.
- Gladstone Regional Council's Operational Plan: The Operational Plan sets out the strategies that Council will use during the financial year to work towards the long-term objectives contained within the Corporate Plan.
How we make decisions, including reviews, decision making processes, guidelines and standards:
- Council Meetings and Minutes: Council meetings are open to the public. This information also includes a schedule for Council meetings.
- Council Engagement: Community consultation is the key mechanism for the identification of local values and local needs.
- Planning Scheme: A Planning Scheme is a legal instrument that sets out the provisions for land use, development and protection. The function of a Planning Scheme is to facilitate fair, orderly, economic and sustainable use of land, by providing for the individual needs of an area.
Our corporate policies and guidelines relating to our functions and responsibilities. Click here to access Council policies. If you require access to a particular Council policy which is not published, please make a written request addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Gladstone Regional Council
P O Box 29
GLADSTONE DC QLD 4680
Lists and registers held by Council include the following:
- Register of Local Laws
- Register of Contact With Lobbyists
- Register of Delegations of Authority - Council to Chief Executive Officer
- Register of Delegations of Authority - Chief Executive Officer to Officers
- Register of Directions from Mayor to Chief Executive Officer
- Personal Interests of Councillors
- Personal Interests of Councillor's Related Persons
Other documents available from Council:
- Minutes of Council Meetings
- Council Meeting Agenda Items
- Revenue Policy
- Budget & Revenue Statements
- Statements of Accounts
- Annual Report
- Annual Procurement Plan
- Approved Inspection Programs
You can request further information about our public registers by contacting Council.
Gladstone Regional Council
Connect, Innovate, Diversify
Get In Touch
(07) 4970 0700
8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday
PO Box 29
Gladstone Qld 4680