Gladstone Regional Council recognises that youth are the future of our region and has committed resources; funding and time to ensure local youth are represented, are heard and are involved in decisions that affect them. Council runs several programs for youth including the popular SUNfest Youth Holiday Activity program in January each year, regular school holiday activities and works with communities to provide youth services to the 12 to 24 year age group.
Get in contact with Council by phoning on 4970 0700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gladstone Region Youth Council acts as a formal advisory committee to Council on youth related matters within the Gladstone Region.
Members are aged between 15 and 24 years and reside in the Gladstone Region.
The Youth Council's annual term is aligned with the Queensland school year, notionally February to December.
Youth Council members meet on the first and third Monday of the month. Members serve an initial one-year term and can seek re-appointment for a subsequent term.
External organisations are able to consult with youth council members and gain feedback on youth related topics that could provide capacity building opportunities within their organisation and the community.
Get in contact with the Gladstone Region Youth Council by phoning on 4970 0700 or email email@example.com
Community Development Officer
The purpose of the Community Development Officer is to develop, promote and coordinate community development initiatives within the Gladstone Region, with the aim to strengthen community by focusing on capacity building initiatives, while increasing community participation and engagement across the region.
The Community Development Officers have an invested interest in partnerships with young people, community services, government agencies and the wider community to develop and implement appropriate responses to address the needs of young people in the Gladstone Regional Council area.
The Community Development Officers can assist youth to:
- Improve a young person's network in the community;
- Celebrate the diversity of young people and increase positive perception of young people within the community;
- Work with young people on their ideas and assist in the development of positive partnerships for young people;
- Actively supporting youth service providers to strengthen their capacity to respond to the identified needs of young people throughout the Region;
- Be a point of contact for young people so as to connect them to various types of support they may need whether it be health, legal, housing or just how to get something happening in the community;
- Providing young people with activities and events to showcase their talents & to have fun!
- Assist Council in decision making processes involving young people.
| || |
Community Engagement Centre (CEC)
See below for more regional youth services information:
Or see below for further youth-related information:
- Community Advisory Service
- Flipside Youth Events
- Gladstone Region Volunteering
- National Youth Week
- YMCA Queensland Youth Parliament
- Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services
Safe internet use is important. Here are some helpful links to guide you: