A disaster resilience education program designed to help children prepare psychologically and practically for an emergency. 5 sessions throughout the Gladstone Region.
Delivered by Australian Red Cross staff and volunteers, the workshop encourages children (aimed at ages 8-10) to be active participants in their own emergency preparedness.
Red Cross volunteers lead students through a “Learn, Practice, Share” framework to engage them in disaster preparedness and survival skills. Upon completion, students receive a sturdy pillowcase in which to build their personal emergency supplies kit.
Council is pleased to support the Pillowcase Project in our region on the following dates:
- 3.30pm, 30 November – Mount Larcom Library
- 3.30pm, 1 December – Calliope Library
- 3.30pm, 2 December – Boyne Valley CWA Hall
- 3.30pm, 3 December – Baffle Creek Community Inc
- 3.30pm, 4 December – Agnes Water Library
Cost: Free, limited spaces.
Email QLD_PREPAREDNESS@redcross.org.au or call 07 3367 4714.