- Near intersection of Dawson Highway and Drynan Dr, Calliope
- Affected Streets
Existing water mains in this area service properties via underground pipework within the intersection.
Sections of new water main need to be constructed and positioned outside of the intersection area. This relocation will avoid damage to the infrastructure during intersection road works and allow easier access for future maintenance.
An under road boring approach will be used to relocate the water main and minimise impacts for traffic.
Water main relocation works will require some interruptions to water supply, however further notification will be provided prior to disruptions.
Significant water disruptions will be experienced by households and businesses when new pipes are connected to the existing supply. Where practical, the majority of these works will occur outside of normal business hours to minimise disruptions.
- 29 August 2022
- 22 December 2022
- More information
- Construction work times will be Monday to Saturday, 6.30am-6pm.
- Some machinery noise, dust and vibration associated with works.
- At times, may require traffic disruptions.
- Traffic controllers will be on site, as required, while works occur. Please follow directions.
- Potential disruptions to pedestrian access. Please observe signage.
- Some disruptions to water supply while work is carried out. Further notification will be provided.
- Accesses to nearby residences and businesses will be maintained.
This work is fully funded by the State of Queensland acting through the Department of Transport and Main Roads, and is necessary so the later, major Dawson Highway (Gladstone-Biloela) and Drynan Drive upgrade intersection project can be completed.