- Gladstone CDB
- Description of Works
- The project will include profiling and repair work to upgrade 2.8km of existing road surfaces which provide access to residential, business and commercial networks.
- 22 November 2021
- 4 December 2021
- More information
- Railway Street (Glenlyon St to Bayne St) - 24 and 25 November
- Scenery Street 2 sections (Kent St to Railway St) (Tank St to Fisher St) - 26 November and 6 December
- Short Street 2 sections (Toolooa St to Auckland St) (Auckland St to Oaka St) - 7 December
- William Street 2 sections (Auckland St to Goondoon St) (Goondoon St to Glenlyon Rd) - 30 November and 1 December
- Yarroon Street (Auckland St to Glenlyon Rd) - 28 and 29 November
- Goondoon Street Tank St roundabout to Eden St) - 2 and 3 December
Dates and times are subject to change and dependent on weather.
Please use caution when passing through work areas and follow any safety signage and directions. Expect delays, detours and lane closures during this time.
- Night work will occur in areas where there are high daily traffic volumes.
- Goondoon St (Tank St roundabout to Eden St) works will require closing of the roundabout.
- Noise, dust and vibration can be expected from the project site.
- Some traffic delays, detours and lane closures at certain times.
- Traffic management will be in place in areas.
- Access to properties and businesses will be maintained.
- Motorists are advised to drive carefully through work areas and adhere to any changed road conditions and reduced speed limits.
These $1.1 million asphalt resurfacing works are part of a broader $6m road resurfacing package secured by Council and funded by the Federal Government’s Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications’ Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program (LRCIP).