Community Advisory Service
142 Goondoon Street
Gladstone QLD 4680
The role of the Youth Development Officer is to work with in partnership with young people, community services, Government agencies and the wider community to develop and implement appropriate responses to address the needs of young people in the Gladstone Regional Council area.
The Youth Development Officer can also assist to:
- Improve a young person's network in the community;
- Encourage young people to take leadership roles in the community;
- Celebrate the diversity of young people and increase positive perception of young people within the community;
- Act as an advocate for young people to assist in the process of attracting resources to meet local youth needs;
- Work with young people on their ideas and assist in the development of positive partnerships for young people;
- Actively supporting Youth Service Providers to strengthen their capacity to respond to the identified needs of young people throughout the Region;
- Be a point of contact for young people so as to connect them to various types of support they may need whether it be health, legal, housing or just how to get something happening in the community;
- Providing young people with activities and events to showcase their talents & to have fun!
- Assist Council in decision making processes involving young people.
Youth Development Officer
Ph: 4976 6311