'Year of the Park' Photography Competition
Non-professional, Hobby and Amateur Photographers are encouraged to go out, explore and utilise our regions parks. Photograph that perfect moment that epitomises fun in the park or capture the tranquillity and relaxation of spending time immersed in nature.
To enter into our Year of the Parks Photography Competition, submission is limited to one entry to each category per photographer. Year of the Parks Photography Competition categories are:
• People in the Park
• Nature in the Park
• Pet in the Park
Winners of the competition will each win a $50.00 voucher and have their photos displayed at Tondoon Botanic Gardens Art Gallery in January 2014 as a grand finale to the 2013 Year of the Parks.
All entered photo's will also be entered into the Grand Prize - People's Choice Award where you will win a $100.00 voucher. Council will promote your photo's on our Year of the Parks Facebook where your friends, family and fellow community members can vote for their favourite photo by clicking the "Like" button.
How to Enter
- Check your photo meets the below requirements
- Complete the Year of the Parks Photography Competition Application Form including the Collection Statement and Consent Form
- Email your photo and attached application to: YOTP@gladstonerc.qld.gov.au or post to: Year of the Parks Photo Competition, Gladstone Regional Council, PO Box 29, Gladstone DC, QLD 4680
- Watch the Year of the Parks Facebook Page and "Like" your photo and those you want to vote for the "People's Choice Award".
- Photos are to be taken by an amateur photographer; professional photographers are not permitted to enter the competition
- Photos must have been taken after the 1 January 2013
- Photos must be within, or of, a Park or Reserve controlled by Gladstone Regional Council.
- Images must not exceed 1 megabyte in size. Winners may be asked to supply higher resolution images for display purposes.
- Images will not be returned to entrants.
- Black and white and colour images may be submitted
- Images must not be digitally altered.
- Image file names must include the park in which it was taken, the title of the photo and the photographers surname PARK_TITLE _SURNAME
- A caption must be provided for each image describing the photo. The caption must be limited to 50 words or less.
- All entries must be original works entirely owned by the entrant.
- Images with identifiable people will only be accepted where the entrant has completed the Collection Statement and Consent Form authorizing Council's use of the image for publication.
- All competition terms and conditions are available on the Application Form
- Entries will be accepted up to 11:59pm, Saturday 30 November 2013.
- Facebook voting will close at 4:00pm, Monday 9 December 2013
- Winners will be announced on Friday 13 December 2013