For Road Condition Reports & Closure Information (click here)
Whose responsibility is the road network?
Council has the direct responsibility for the provision of its road network. The prime objective is to provide these services at a standard acceptable to the community in the most efficient and cost effective manner. Not all roads in the region are the responsibility of Council, though. The Department of Main Roads has responsibility of a number of roads which pass through the region. Visit the Department of Main Roads' road and traffic information page for details of these.
Council acknowledges that one of the prime considerations in road maintenance is determining the balance between service provisions by contract as against a day labour workforce. Being a local authority with a large rural road component in its road network, Council must maintain a sufficient day labour workforce to adequately maintain roads on a day to day basis and also deal with disaster situations caused by extreme drought, flooding or cyclone
Traffic and road reports
For up-to-date roads and traffic information including road closures in the Fitzroy region and throughout Queensland click here to connect to www.131940.qld.gov.au - the Department of Transport and Main Roads Traffic and Travel Information website.
Alternatively, visit Council's Road Condition Report which is located at the top left of the home page.
Central Region week commencing 24th October 2016:
- Koowin Drive - low cost seal - commencing 28/10/16 for approx 1 week
- Gladstone Benaraby Service Road - Pavement reconstruction and kerb renewal of failed sections
- Lyons Str - Installation DDA compliant bus set down area
- Scenery Str - Installation DDA compliant bus set down area
- Barney Str - Installation DDA compliant bus set down area
- General Maintenance Gladstone area
Western Region: Week Commencing 31st October 2016
- Mt Larcom Grader Crew - Lindherr Rd, Spring Valley Rd
- Calliope Grader Crew - Galloway Plains Rd - Resheet
Southern Region: Week Commencing 17 October 2016
- Blomfield Street - Kerb and channel
- Mineral Road Pit - Sediment basin
- Baffle Creek - Gravel resheet various roads
- Colosseum area - Maintenance grades
REGIONAL ROAD WORKS
PLEASE NOTE: This schedule is a forecast only and may change at any time due to reasons such as a delay in works as a result of wet weather.
The Department of Transport and Main Roads is currently undertaking roadworks at the intersection of the Bruce Highway and Gladstone-Benaraby Road, Benaraby.
The works will provide a continuous slip lane towards Benaraby.
Southbound traffic will be diverted as part of the traffic management arrangements for the site.
Work is expected to take four weeks, weather permitting.
Motorists are reminded to drive carefully through the work zone and be aware of changed traffic conditions.
For information on the latest traffic conditions call the Traffic and Travel Information line on 13 19 40 or visit www.131940.qld.gov.au.
Driveways & Work on Roads
Construction of driveway in urban, commercial and Industrial areas
Gates & Grids
Install, renew, transfer ownership or register an existing gate and/or grid
- Road and Transport Standard 2005 (Download)
- Residential Driveway Standard (Download)
- Rural Driveway Standards (Download)
- Industrial and Commerical Standards (Download)