For Road Condition Reports & Closure Information (click here).
Whose responsibility is the road network?
Council has the direct responsibility for the provision of its road network. The prime objective is to provide these services at a standard acceptable to the community in the most efficient and cost effective manner. Not all roads in the region are the responsibility of Council, though. The Department of Main Roads has responsibility of a number of roads which pass through the region. Visit the Department of Main Roads' road and traffic information page for details of these.
Council acknowledges that one of the prime considerations in road maintenance is determining the balance between service provisions by contract as against a day labour workforce. Being a local authority with a large rural road component in its road network, Council must maintain a sufficient day labour workforce to adequately maintain roads on a day to day basis and also deal with disaster situations caused by extreme drought, flooding or cyclone
Traffic and road reports
For up-to-date roads and traffic information including road closures in the Fitzroy region and throughout Queensland click here to connect to www.131940.qld.gov.au - the Department of Transport and Main Roads Traffic and Travel Information website.
Alternatively, visit Council's Road Condition Report which is located at the top left of the home page.
Programmed Works for week commencing December 9 2013:
- MRD - Palm Creek, Bruce Highway
- Oyster Creek Road - betterment works
- MRD - Calliope cross roads
- Cross Road - Pavement repiars
- Mt Larcom Crew - Wallaby lane, Chapman Rd, Wooderson Rd, Neil Creek Rd.
- Boyne Vally Crew - Gentle Annie Rd, Clifton Rd, Mt Hector Rd, Collingwood Lane, Aerodrome Rd.
- Calliope Grader Crew - Boyles Rd, Spring Valley Rd, Lewis Rd, Malahoff Rd.
- Spare Grader - The Narrows Rd, Nichols Rd, Cullen Rd.
- Construction Crew - Callemondah Dr, Road Signage Gladstone Monto Rd.
- Capital Works - Mt Alma Road Access gas components.
Projects in progress:
- Red Rover Road - Asphalt resurfacing beginning Monday September 16 2013 to September 21 2013 - Traffic delays expected - motorists encouraged to plan alternative routes
- Goondoon Street - Construct bus shelter.
- Glenlyon Road Footpath - St Stephen School to Victoria Avenue - preliminary work being conducted.
- Pioneer Drive - installing new footpath and pram ramps
- Tarcoola Drv carpark - set out and paint parking bays
PLEASE NOTE: This schedule is a forecast only and may change at any time due to reasons such as a delay in works as a result of wet weather
- Application to carry out works on a Council Road or interfere with a road or its operation (excluding driveways). This form is required when working on concrete pathways, opening/occupying road and/or disrupting traffic flow, connecting to Council stormwater drain, erecting temporary fencing, barricading and/or material on road/footpath, depositing plant or materials on roads/footpaths.
- Excess Mass and Dimension Truck Movements Application
- Application to Construct a Driveway
- Residential Driveway Standard
- Rural Driveway Standard
- Application to Install a Gate or Grid
- Naming of streets, roads, parks, bridges and other places (Download)
- Roads - Maintenance of formed or gravel roads (Download)
- Roads - Maintenance of unformed and unmade roads (Download)
- Roads - Naming of Streets, Roads, Parks, Bridges and Other Places (Download)
- Roads - Quality Assurance Statements for Roads (Download)
- Rural Roads - Construction of Roads in Rural Areas (Download)
- Rural Roads - Ex-Gratia arrangements with Landowners (Download)
- Street Addressing - Allocation of Urban & Rural Addresses for Building & Property Adjoining Roads (Download)