For Road Condition Reports & Closure Information (click here)
Whose responsibility is the road network?
Council has the direct responsibility for the provision of its road network. The prime objective is to provide these services at a standard acceptable to the community in the most efficient and cost effective manner. Not all roads in the region are the responsibility of Council, though. The Department of Main Roads has responsibility of a number of roads which pass through the region. Visit the Department of Main Roads' road and traffic information page for details of these.
Council acknowledges that one of the prime considerations in road maintenance is determining the balance between service provisions by contract as against a day labour workforce. Being a local authority with a large rural road component in its road network, Council must maintain a sufficient day labour workforce to adequately maintain roads on a day to day basis and also deal with disaster situations caused by extreme drought, flooding or cyclone
Traffic and road reports
For up-to-date roads and traffic information including road closures in the Fitzroy region and throughout Queensland click here to connect to www.131940.qld.gov.au - the Department of Transport and Main Roads Traffic and Travel Information website.
Alternatively, visit Council's Road Condition Report which is located at the top left of the home page.
Programmed works for week commencing February 01 2016
- Deepwater area -Maintenance grades
- Rosedale area - Maintenance grades
Western Area: Week Commencing February 1st 2016
- Mt Larcom Grader Crew - The Narrows Road
- Calliope Grader Crew - Nichols Rd, Tableland Rd
- Construction Crew - Monto Rd Resheet
Central Area: Week commencing January 11, 2016
- Malpas Str/Tarcoola Drv Boyne Island - construct extension footpath to Edward St
- Tank & Glenlyon Street traffic lights - sequencing change
- Hampton Drive & Boles Street - construct bus shelters
- Tannum Sands State High School - install car parks
PLEASE NOTE: This schedule is a forecast only and may change at any time due to reasons such as a delay in works as a result of wet weather.
Driveways & Work on Roads
Construction of driveway in urban, commercial and Industrial areas
Gates & Grids
Install, renew, transfer ownership or register an existing gate and/or grid
- Road and Transport Standard 2005 (Download)
- Residential Driveway Standard (Download)
- Rural Driveway Standards (Download)
- Industrial and Commerical Standards (Download)