For Road Condition Reports & Closure Information (click here)
Whose responsibility is the road network?
Council has the direct responsibility for the provision of its road network. The prime objective is to provide these services at a standard acceptable to the community in the most efficient and cost effective manner. Not all roads in the region are the responsibility of Council, though. The Department of Main Roads has responsibility of a number of roads which pass through the region. Visit the Department of Main Roads' road and traffic information page for details of these.
Council acknowledges that one of the prime considerations in road maintenance is determining the balance between service provisions by contract as against a day labour workforce. Being a local authority with a large rural road component in its road network, Council must maintain a sufficient day labour workforce to adequately maintain roads on a day to day basis and also deal with disaster situations caused by extreme drought, flooding or cyclone
Traffic and road reports
For up-to-date roads and traffic information including road closures in the Fitzroy region and throughout Queensland click here to connect to www.131940.qld.gov.au - the Department of Transport and Main Roads Traffic and Travel Information website.
Alternatively, visit Council's Road Condition Report which is located at the top left of the home page.
Programmed works for week commencing 18 May 2015
- Bischoffs Road - Gravel Resheet
- Captain Cook Drive 1770 - Drainage works
- Bundaberg Miriam Vale Road - Rehabilitation between Berajondo and Rosedale
- Diamond Hill Road - Gravel resheet
- Neils Road - Gravel resheet
- Taunton Road - Batter protection
Western Area: Week Commencing 25 May 2015
- Mt Larcom Crew - Langmourn Rd
- Boyne Valley Crew - Mt Hector Rd - Flood Damage Repairs
- Calliope Grader Crew - Spann Rd, Popenia Rd
- Spare Grader Crew - Targinnie Rd Shoulder Maintenance
- Latrobe Street footpath - 19/3/2015 to 18/4/2015
- Glenlyon Road rural drainage works - 14/3/2015 to 24/3/2015.
- Glenlyon Road - grading roads - 16/3/2015 to 18/4/2015.
- Glen Eden Drive bus shelter*2 - 24/3/2015 to 30/4/2015.
PLEASE NOTE: This schedule is a forecast only and may change at any time due to reasons such as a delay in works as a result of wet weather.
Driveways & Work on Roads
Construction of driveway in urban, commercial and Industrial areas
Gates & Grids
Install, renew, transfer ownership or register an existing gate and/or grid
- Road and Transport Standard 2005 (Download)
- Residential Driveway Standard (Download)
- Rural Driveway Standards (Download)
- Industrial and Commerical Standards (Download)