For Road Condition Reports & Closure Information (click here)
Whose responsibility is the road network?
Council has the direct responsibility for the provision of its road network. The prime objective is to provide these services at a standard acceptable to the community in the most efficient and cost effective manner. Not all roads in the region are the responsibility of Council, though. The Department of Main Roads has responsibility of a number of roads which pass through the region. Visit the Department of Main Roads' road and traffic information page for details of these.
Council acknowledges that one of the prime considerations in road maintenance is determining the balance between service provisions by contract as against a day labour workforce. Being a local authority with a large rural road component in its road network, Council must maintain a sufficient day labour workforce to adequately maintain roads on a day to day basis and also deal with disaster situations caused by extreme drought, flooding or cyclone
Traffic and road reports
For up-to-date roads and traffic information including road closures in the Fitzroy region and throughout Queensland click here to connect to www.131940.qld.gov.au - the Department of Transport and Main Roads Traffic and Travel Information website.
Alternatively, visit Council's Road Condition Report which is located at the top left of the home page.
Programmed works for week commencing 22 December 2014
- Lowmead Road - Maintenance Grade
- Jobson Road - drainage
- Rocky Creek - Rock protection
- Bororen area - Maintenance Grade
Western Area: Week Commencing 15th December 2014
- Mt Larcom Crew - East End Road
- Boyne Valley Crew - Glad Monto Re Seal Prep
- Calliope Grader Crew - Storm damage Repairs - Tableland Rd & Diglum Rd
- Capital Works - Mt Larcom/Bracewell Rd
- Shaw Street Bus Shelter - to be completed - 15/12/14
- Rural Road signage (Various locations) - to be completed - 19/12/14
- Asphalt overlay program - raising manholes - to be completed - 19/12/14
- Paterson Street - concrete works only - to be completed - 13/12/14
- Hanson Rd/Lord Street - medium works - 16/12/14 to 19/12/14
- Dawson Hwy tree clearing - 5/12/14
PLEASE NOTE: This schedule is a forecast only and may change at any time due to reasons such as a delay in works as a result of wet weather.
Driveways & Work on Roads
Construction of driveway in urban, commercial and Industrial areas
Gates & Grids
Install, renew, transfer ownership or register an existing gate and/or grid
- Road and Transport Standard 2005 (Download)
- Residential Driveway Standard (Download)
- Rural Driveway Standards (Download)
- Industrial and Commerical Standards (Download)
- Naming of streets, roads, parks, bridges and other places (Download)
- Roads - Maintenance of formed or gravel roads (Download)
- Roads - Maintenance of unformed and unmade roads (Download)
- Roads - Naming of Streets, Roads, Parks, Bridges and Other Places (Download)
- Roads - Quality Assurance Statements for Roads (Download)
- Rural Roads - Construction of Roads in Rural Areas (Download)
- Rural Roads - Ex-Gratia arrangements with Landowners (Download)
- Street Addressing - Allocation of Urban & Rural Addresses for Building & Property Adjoining Roads (Download)