For Road Condition Reports & Closure Information (click here)
Whose responsibility is the road network?
Council has the direct responsibility for the provision of its road network. The prime objective is to provide these services at a standard acceptable to the community in the most efficient and cost effective manner. Not all roads in the region are the responsibility of Council, though. The Department of Main Roads has responsibility of a number of roads which pass through the region. Visit the Department of Main Roads' road and traffic information page for details of these.
Council acknowledges that one of the prime considerations in road maintenance is determining the balance between service provisions by contract as against a day labour workforce. Being a local authority with a large rural road component in its road network, Council must maintain a sufficient day labour workforce to adequately maintain roads on a day to day basis and also deal with disaster situations caused by extreme drought, flooding or cyclone
Traffic and road reports
For up-to-date roads and traffic information including road closures in the Fitzroy region and throughout Queensland click here to connect to www.131940.qld.gov.au - the Department of Transport and Main Roads Traffic and Travel Information website.
Alternatively, visit Council's Road Condition Report which is located at the top left of the home page.
Programmed works for week commencing 21 September 2015
- Round Hill Road - Bus set down
- Vanderwolf Road - Gravel resheet
- Boondilla Road - Gravel resheet
- Tate/Donohue Street - Foot path construction
Western Area: Week Commencing 5th October 2015
- Mt Larcom Crew - Cedarvale Loop Rd, O'donohue Rd
- Calliope Grader Crew - Kaluda Rd
- Drainage Maintenance - Bracewell Rd
Central Area: Week commencing 7th September 2015
- New stormwater line 2 Ouston Place (16/9/15 to 30/9/15)
- Asphalt overlay kerb replacement Barney point (16/9/15 to 31/10/15)
- Asphalt overlay program raising manholes (6/9/15 to 30/9/15)
- Rural Roads clean up, guide posts etc (29/9/15 to 18/10/15)
- Footpath construction from Boles Street pedestrian xing to Curtis Street intersection commencing 21/9/15
- Footpath repairs cnr French & Philip Streets
- Removal and replacement of existing traffic island cnr Young & Barney Streets
- Reconstruction of footpath from 125 Malpas Street to 6 Tarcoola Street
PLEASE NOTE: This schedule is a forecast only and may change at any time due to reasons such as a delay in works as a result of wet weather.
Driveways & Work on Roads
Construction of driveway in urban, commercial and Industrial areas
Gates & Grids
Install, renew, transfer ownership or register an existing gate and/or grid
- Road and Transport Standard 2005 (Download)
- Residential Driveway Standard (Download)
- Rural Driveway Standards (Download)
- Industrial and Commerical Standards (Download)