For Road Condition Reports & Closure Information (click here)
Whose responsibility is the road network?
Council has the direct responsibility for the provision of its road network. The prime objective is to provide these services at a standard acceptable to the community in the most efficient and cost effective manner. Not all roads in the region are the responsibility of Council, though. The Department of Main Roads has responsibility of a number of roads which pass through the region. Visit the Department of Main Roads' road and traffic information page for details of these.
Council acknowledges that one of the prime considerations in road maintenance is determining the balance between service provisions by contract as against a day labour workforce. Being a local authority with a large rural road component in its road network, Council must maintain a sufficient day labour workforce to adequately maintain roads on a day to day basis and also deal with disaster situations caused by extreme drought, flooding or cyclone
Traffic and road reports
For up-to-date roads and traffic information including road closures in the Fitzroy region and throughout Queensland click here to connect to www.131940.qld.gov.au - the Department of Transport and Main Roads Traffic and Travel Information website.
Alternatively, visit Council's Road Condition Report which is located at the top left of the home page.
Central Region week commencing 13 February 2017:
- Gladstone Benaraby Service Road - Pavement reconstruction and kerb renewal of failed sections
- Bentley Street - Pavement failure repairs
- Installation DDA compliant bus set down area - Dawson Road and Flinders Street
- Kerb, Driveway and drainage replacement works - Anson Close
- Dawson Highway footpath upgrade - between Far and Philip Streets
Western Region: Week Commencing 20th February 2017
- Mt Larcom Grader Crew - Hut Creek Rd
- Calliope Grader Crew - Cedarvale Rd
- Construction - Hooke Rd
Southern Region: Week Commencing 20th February 2017
- Colosseum area - Maintenance grade
- Iveragh area - Maintenance grade
- Pacific Drive - Drainage maintenance
- Bundaberg Miriam Vale Road - Reseal prep
- Captain Creek area - Gravel resheet
REGIONAL ROAD WORKS
PLEASE NOTE: This schedule is a forecast only and may change at any time due to reasons such as a delay in works as a result of wet weather.
Driveways & Work on Roads
Construction of driveway in urban, commercial and Industrial areas
Gates & Grids
Install, renew, transfer ownership or register an existing gate and/or grid
- Road and Transport Standard 2005 (Download)
- Residential Driveway Standard (Download)
- Rural Driveway Standards (Download)
- Industrial and Commerical Standards (Download)