For Road Condition Reports & Closure Information (click here)
Whose responsibility is the road network?
Council has the direct responsibility for the provision of its road network. The prime objective is to provide these services at a standard acceptable to the community in the most efficient and cost effective manner. Not all roads in the region are the responsibility of Council, though. The Department of Main Roads has responsibility of a number of roads which pass through the region. Visit the Department of Main Roads' road and traffic information page for details of these.
Council acknowledges that one of the prime considerations in road maintenance is determining the balance between service provisions by contract as against a day labour workforce. Being a local authority with a large rural road component in its road network, Council must maintain a sufficient day labour workforce to adequately maintain roads on a day to day basis and also deal with disaster situations caused by extreme drought, flooding or cyclone
Traffic and road reports
For up-to-date roads and traffic information including road closures in the Fitzroy region and throughout Queensland click here to connect to www.131940.qld.gov.au - the Department of Transport and Main Roads Traffic and Travel Information website.
Alternatively, visit Council's Road Condition Report which is located at the top left of the home page.
Programmed Works for week commencing July 28 2014
- Matchbox Road - light grade
- Flat Rock Boat Ramp - Gravel resheet
- Oakey Creek - Culverts works
- Bells Road - drainage
Western Area: Week Commencing 28th July 2014
- Mt Larcom Crew - Pollocks Rd, O'donohue Rd, Hourigan Creek Rd
- Boyne Valley Crew - Flood Damage Repairs - Aerodrome Rd, Mt Hector Rd
- Calliope Grader Crew - Mt Alma Rd - Turn Outs, Old Dawson Hwy Access Turn Outs
- Capital Works - Nichols Rd Turn Outs
- Access Track Oaky Creek racecourse Rd
- Pipe instilation Mt Larcom/Bracewell Rd
Projects in progress:
- Road resurfacing work Gladstone and Boyne Island areas April 8 - April 12 2014 - possible delays
- Cook Street Peters Crescent
- Melbourne Street Boles Street
- Grayson Street Handley Drive
- Chapman Street Curtis Avenue
- Old Ten Chain Rd - Maintenance Grade
- Friswell Rd - Drainage Works
PLEASE NOTE: This schedule is a forecast only and may change at any time due to reasons such as a delay in works as a result of wet weather.
Driveways & Work on Roads
Construction of driveway in urban, commercial and Industrial areas
Gates & Grids
Install, renew, transfer ownership or register an existing gate and/or grid
- Naming of streets, roads, parks, bridges and other places (Download)
- Roads - Maintenance of formed or gravel roads (Download)
- Roads - Maintenance of unformed and unmade roads (Download)
- Roads - Naming of Streets, Roads, Parks, Bridges and Other Places (Download)
- Roads - Quality Assurance Statements for Roads (Download)
- Rural Roads - Construction of Roads in Rural Areas (Download)
- Rural Roads - Ex-Gratia arrangements with Landowners (Download)
- Street Addressing - Allocation of Urban & Rural Addresses for Building & Property Adjoining Roads (Download)