The RTI Act 2009 aims to "...give a right of access to information in Gladstone Regional Council's 'possession or under its control unless on balance, it is contrary to the public interest to give the access.'
The RTI Act 2009 is complemented by the IP Act 2009 established to give a right of access and to amend personal information:
How to make an RTI application:
- Submit an application form
- Payment of RTI fee of $43.35 must be paid at the time of application, processing and access charges may also apply
- All RTI applications should provide sufficient information to allow the identification of the documents you are seeking
- Provide an address for notices of the Act to be sent to the applicant
Applications can be lodged in person at the Customer Service Centres or by post addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Gladstone Regional Council
P.O. Box 29
Gladstone Qld 4680
Under the Right to Information Act Council may place details of documents released which do not contain the applicants personal information. At this time, the Disclosure Log does not contain any records.
What is Information Privacy?
The Information Privacy Act 2009 guides how you can:
- Access your personal information
- Advise us about any changes or amendments to your personal information. This aspect of the new legislation applied to Queensland local government as of July 1, 2010.
- For more information please contact council's RTI/IP officer on 4977 6845.