Council publication scheme contains the following information:
- About Us (who we are and what we do)
- Our Services (the services we offer)
- Our Finances (what we spend and how we spend it)
- Our Priorities (what are priorities are and how we are doing)
- Our Decisions (how we make decisions)
- Our Policies (our policies and procedures)
- Our Lists (lists and registers)
- Our Annual Report is a good starting point for finding a range of information about how Council operates.
- Mayor and Councillors: The Gladstone Region elects eight councillors and the Mayor. View their profiles.
- Council's Corporate Structure: Our corporate (or organisational) structure is decided by Council. Council administration is responsible to the Gladstone Regional Council Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Stuart Randle.
- Laws and Regulations: The Gladstone Regional Council is responsible for ensuring relevant state and local laws are observed.
- Contact Council: You can contact Council via phone, mail or email, or in person.
> Council services (the services we offer)
A general list of services provided by Council:
- Council facilities: List of facilities provided by Council (see Recreation & Culture menu at top of home page)
- Council's building and development: Planning & Development in the Gladstone Region is overseen by the Strategic Planning and Statutory Planning Directorates of the Gladstone Regional Council. This department provides services to the local community, developers and council in the areas of land use, land development and operational works assessment. (See Planning & Building drop down menu at top of home page).
- Our online services: Search information about Council, download forms from Council's database or provide Council with valuable feedback. (See search field a top right hand side of home page).
- Council publications: List of Council's corporate publications and meeting minutes
- Council news and media releases
> Our Finances
What we spend and how we spend it, including our financial statements and our financial management practices.
- The Budget documentation provides information about the budget for the 2013/2014 financial year.
- Fees and Charges: Council's schedule of fees and charges is adopted each year as part of its annual budget.
- Council's Corporate Reporting: The Local Government Act 2009 requires Council to report on its progress towards implementing corporate and operational plans. Our progress towards implementation of the Corporate Plan and Operational Plan is reviewed on a monthly basis and reported each year through the Annual Report.
> Our Priorities
Information about what our priorities are and how we are doing are contained in the following documents:
- Gladstone Regional Council's Corporate Plan 2013/2017: The Corporate Plan enables the whole organisation to work together in the same direction to address the key priorities for the community and achieve Council's vision. The Corporate Plan is a way for Council to communicate its direction with its stakeholders, particularly the community, and provides a framework for reporting back on progress achieved through the various activities of the organisation.
- Gladstone Regional Council's Operational Plan 2013-2014: The Operational Plan sets out the strategies that Council will use during the financial year to work towards the long-term objectives contained within the Corporate Plan. This document has been divided into sections for ease of dowloading.
How we make decisions, including reviews, decision making processes, guidelines and standards:
- Council Meetings and Minutes: Council meetings are open to the public. This information also includes a schedule for Council meetings.
- Council Consultation: Community consultation is the key mechanism for the identification of local values and local needs.
- Planning Scheme: A Planning Scheme is a legal instrument that sets out the provisions for land use, development and protection. The function of a Planning Scheme is to facilitate fair, orderly, economic and sustainable use of land, by providing for the individual needs of an area.
Our corporate policies and guidelines relating to our functions and responsibilities. Click here to access Council policies. If you require access to a particular Council policy which is not published, please make a written request addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Gladstone Regional Council
P O Box 29
GLADSTONE DC QLD 4680
> Our Lists (lists and registers)
Lists and registers held by Council include the following:
- Register of Local Laws
- Register of Contact With Lobbyists
- Register of Delegations of Authority - Council to Chief Executive Officer
- Register of Delegations of Authority - Chief Executive Officer to Officers
- Register of Directions from Mayor to Chief Executive Officer
- Personal Interests of Councillors
- Personal Interests of Councillor's Related Persons
Other documents available from Council:
- Minutes of Council Meetings
- Council Meeting Agenda Items
- Revenue Policy
- Budget & Revenue Statements
- Statements of Accounts
- Annual Report
- Annual Procurement Plan
- Approved Inspection Programs
You can request further information about our public registers by contacting Council on 4977 6845.