Gladstone Regional Council issues Rate Notices annually and Water Notices half-yearly and offers a number of payment options for both rates and water consumption notices.
Payment can be made at any of Gladstone Regional Council's offices. Cash, cheque, money orders, eftpos and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Bankcard and American Express) are all accepted. See Administration Centres for opening hours.
All cheques and money orders should be made payable to Gladstone Regional Council. Tear off the bottom portion of your Rate Notice and mail your payment to: Gladstone Regional Council, Rates Department, PO Box 29, GLADSTONE DC QLD 4680.
Please ensure that all payments made through the mail are received by Council prior to the discount expiry date. Council will not grant discount for delays in payments reaching Council by the discount date. Post dated cheques will not be accepted.
Please do not send cash in the post.
Ratepayers also have the option of paying their rates by internet by either BPay or POST Billpay. Payments are made via a secure site, so your credit card details are safe. To access internet payments via POST billpay.
Please note your payment reference number will be displayed on the front of your rates notice, please call Council's Rates section on (07) 4976 6999 should you have any queries.
Simply contact your participating financial institution and quote Biller Code 72868.
Please ensure your payment is scheduled at least two days prior to the discount date to receive your discount. Please note your payment reference number will be displayed on the front of your rates notice.
Phone 13 18 16 or POST Billpay. Please quote Billpay Code 2440.
Credit Card payments can be made in person at Council offices or via BPay or POST Billpay on 13 18 16. Visa, Mastercard, Bankcard and American Express may be accepted.
Telephone payments can only be made by calling 13 18 16 and NOT by Council's Rates Section. Please note your payment reference number will be displayed on the front of your rates notice.
Ratepayers may choose to pay their rate account by instalments subject to the following conditions:
(1) The rate discount for payment within thirty (30) days is forfeited.
(2) The ratepayer must select the payment by instalments option by signing the instalment slip below and returning to Council no later than the due date listed on the front of this notice.
(3) No interest penalty on current rate levy is involved if application is returned prior to the due date stated on the front of this notice. Interest WILL apply to all applications returned after the due date.
(4) Default of any payment in an approved rate instalment plan will result in the commencement of interest charges.
(5) Council will not forward monthly reminder notices for instalments.
(6) The instalment amount is determined by taking the GROSS amount outstanding (less any pension remission available) and dividing by the number of monthly payments required to finalise the arrangement. It is Council’s preference that all rates and charges are fully paid by 30 June each year to avoid arrears showing on the subsequent rate notice.
(7) The first instalment is due by the 21st of the month following the issue date of this notice. Should any instalment not be received by the 21st every month, the instalment arrangement will be cancelled and the total amount outstanding becomes due and payable. Should you prefer to pay weekly or fortnightly instalments, please contact the rates department to discuss.
If choosing to pay by instalments, you may wish to consider the direct debit option where Council withdraws the nominated instalment amount from your bank account on the 21st of each month.
The lump sum direct debit option authorises Council to withdraw the required amount to pay your rate and/or water notices on the day prior to the due date. It is the responsibility of the ratepayer to ensure that sufficient funds are available on the date of processing and to advise Council of any changes in writing at least seven days prior to the date of processing.
Ratepayers who receive payments from Centrelink can arrange with Centrelink to automatically deduct their rates in fortnightly amounts from their Centrelink payment. Application forms are available from Centrelink.
The Centrepay reference number is 555076313K. Please use your assessment number from your rate notice as Council's reference number.
Australia Post Outlets
Payments can be made at any Australia Post office with a copy of your rate notice. Cash, cheque or eftpos payments are accepted. Credit card payments are not accepted by Australia Post.
MyPost Digital Mailbox
Receive and pay your rates notices via Australia Post's MyPost Digital Mailbox. Payment can be made via Credit Card or Pay With Bank Account. Sign up for free at www.digitalmailbox.com.au
Payments in advance
Council will accept the payment in advance of rates and charges in a lump sum or via part payments. No interest will accrue on prepaid rates and charges.
Accrue interest at a rate of 11% per annum calculated from the due date.
Overseas residents are required to forward remittances by bank draft in Australian currency to avoid short payments as a result of currency fluctuations.
Change of Address
If you have changed your address you must notify Council in writing so that your file can be updated. Residents who have moved house and fail to notify Council run the risk of not receiving their rates notice, or more importantly, missing out on the discount period.
If you have any questions or concerns about rates payments, please do not hesitate to contact Council's Rates Section on (07) 4976 6999.