Queensland Sport & Recreation Services Rockhampton Office
The Queensland Government is committed to achieving healthy and active communities by developing and supporting opportunities for people to participate in structured and unstructured sport and active recreation. The Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing (Sport and Recreation Services) can assist you locally by:
- providing advice and services to enable local sport and recreation organisations to respond to new and emerging challenges and operate on a more sustainable basis;
- providing access to funding programs;
- supporting the development of sport and recreation facilities; and
- delivering tools to assist the industry to better target opportunities to attract and develop greater participation in physical activity.
Each year Sport and Recreation Services provides funding programs toward new and improved opportunities for people to participate in sport and active recreation. Current programs include:
- Get in the Game – comprises three new funding programs worth $18 million over three years. Get Started, Get Going and Get Playing are designed to get more people, especially children and young people, playing sport and involved in recreation activities.
- Young Athlete Assistance Program – assists young athletes and officials in Queensland who have competed or officiated at a State or State School Championship, National or National School Championship or International Championship.
Sport and recreation services also offers education and training opportunities through the free Building Active Communities Workshops which address key issues in the sport and recreation industry. They aim to increase the skills and knowledge of community sport volunteers through access to quality information and training. They help to build on knowledge within the local community and encourage sport and recreation development and are targeted towards administrators, committees, coaches and players.
Sport and Recreation Services Rockhampton Office
61 Yeppoon Road, Parkhurst Q 4702
PO Box 822
Rockhampton Q 4700
P – 07 4936 0510
F – 07 4936 0125
E – firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisor for the GRC area, Melissa Walls can also be contacted via email. email@example.com
Jupiters Casino Community Benefit Fund
The Jupiters Casino Community Benefit Fund (JCCBF) receives funding from taxes on casinos and distributes these funds to community projects on a quarterly basis. Incorporated not-for-profit organisations may apply for a range of projects that build their capacity and generally benefit the wider community. Eligible projects include sport and recreation. For more information click here.
Gambling Community Benefit Fund
The Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF) is Queensland's largest one-off grants program, distributing approximately $38 million per year. The objective of the GCBF is to invest in the community sector, enhancing the capacity of community organisations and groups to provide services, leisure activities and opportunities to Queenslanders in their local communities. Sport and recreation organisations are encouraged to apply. For more information click here.
Gladstone & District Sports Foundation Trust
The Foundation was established by Gladstone's Late Mayor, Col Brown to provide financial support to the Region's young sports people selected for either state or national representation. Financial assistance is available to individual sports people up to 25 years of age competing in sporting events at interstate or international level. To be eligible, sportspersons must be 25 years of age or under at the time of the event for which they are applying and permanent residents of the Gladstone Region Local Government area.
- Download Application Form & Guidelines (86KB PDF Amended January 2014)
- The information sent on the Sports Foundation Application is not being collected by Council and the form will be forwarded directly to the Sports Foundation and not recorded or used by Council.
For more information on Council's Sport and Recreation Grant programs or other financial support contact the Sport and Recreation Section on 4976 6300 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.