Funding for the Stage one Memorial Park redevelopment is funded by a Federal Government Regional and Local Community Infrastructure Program grant and $196,937 from the Gladstone Regional Council. The redevelopment will transform the park's open area into a family-oriented recreational area.
Boyds Bay Landscape & Environment t was awarded the $605,444 tender for stage one pathway and swale construction.
> Work schedule
Stage One works commence in March 2012 and will include the construction of a 2.4klm pathway, swale drain and soft landscaping areas:
- Fencing / surveying - completed
- Shaping paths / mounding - completed
- Cut swale / remove spoil - completed
- Lining of swale / concreting - completed
- Concreting pathway - completed
- Foot bridges across swale - completed
- Tidy up & finish off - completed
- Softscaping works - completed
> Memorial Park Master Plan
To view the Memorial Park Master Plan (click here)
> Contact Us
For further information phone Council's Parks team on (07) 4977 6899.