From July 1, 2012, the Gladstone Airport became a corporatised entity. To find out more click here.
LOCAL AIRPORT NEWS ARCHIVE
Nov 16, 2011: Gladstone Airport claims Regional Airport of the Year Award (read more)
Sep 21, 2011: LNG industry provides $10m for Gladstone Airport upgrade (read more)
July 28, 2011: Virgin Blue announces Gladstone flights (read more)
July 29, 2011: Strategic Airlines withdraws from Gladstone route (read more)
Some of the more common items that are prohibited from any hand luggage include knives, scissors, tools, pen knives, any sharp objects and non-personal aerosol cans - BUT - there are others so please visit http://travelsecure.infrastructure.gov.au/or your preferred airline for more information.
Passengers are required to pass through a walk-through metal detector. People with medical implants that may trigger an alarm should advise screening staff on entry to the secure area. Some passengers may also be asked to participate in an Explosive Trace Detector test. All checked bags are subject to X-ray prior to being loaded on to the aircraft.
If you have any queries, please ask Screening Staff for assistance or phone the Airport on 4977 8800.
Updates & Information
Gladstone Airport Public Benefit Assessment - Stakeholder Information Paper (223.6KB PDF) Submissions closed 23 May 2011
Runway Milestones (58KB PDF) Issued: 17 August 2010
Runway Fact Sheet (80KB PDF) Issued: 17 August 2010
Gladstone Airport Car Park Fees & Charges:
(effective February 1, 2013)
|Short Term Car Park||Fee (incl GST)|
|First half hour||Free|
|Half hour - 1 hour||$2.00|
|1 hour - 2 hours||$5.00|
|2 hours - 5 hours||$10.00|
|5 hours - 10 hours||$20.00|
|10 hours - 24 hours||$30.00|
|Each additional 24 hours||$30.00|
|Long Term Car Park|
|0 - 24 hours||$12.00|
|Each additional day||$15.00|
The official opening date of the Gladstone Airport runway and terminal was prolonged by extreme wet weather conditions in December 2010 and January 2011 causing delays to terminal extension work.
- 2008 - Gladstone Regional Council opts to reconstruct airport runway due to deterioration, to provide continued operations for existing aircraft services.
- 2008 - Council’s technical advisors devise a “staged” approach to reconstruction to allow airport to remain operational throughout the project.
- March 2009 - Golding Contractors awarded $45 million Reconstruction Project.
- Reconstruction to be undertaken in four key stages.
- May 2009 – Work begins on Runway Reconstruction Project stage one.
- August 2009 – Terminal tender awarded to Woollam Constructions.
- September 2009 – Work starts on additional 200 parking bays.
- February 2010 – Temporary Callemondah road route created to counteract work on Callemondah Drive overpass.
- August 2010 – Council commissions runway and celebrates arrival of first commercial aircraft.
Gladstone Airport Open Day & Terminal Building Naming - April 17, 2011
Media release - 17 April 2011 - Airport terminal building named
Media release - 17 April 2011 - Open day celebrations Airport project
Light aircraft on show at the
Mayor Gail Sellers with CEO
Minister Albanese at the
Aerodrome Road, Gladstone
PO Box 29, Gladstone Qld 4680
Budget – Phone 07 4972 8488 ,
Europcar - Phone 074978 7787,
Hertz – Phone 07 4978 6899 and
Thrifty – Phone 07 4972 5999
Gladstone Catering (Bistro) – Phone 07 4978 3241,
Australian Air Express (Freight) – Phone 07 4978 1500