Gladstone Regional Council has currently three fixed standpipes available for sale of bulk water to the public.
Locations of fixed standpipes:
Red Rover Road Fixed Standpipe
The Red Rover Road Fixed Standpipe is situated on Red Rover Road, across from Jeff Ringland Drive.
Mt Larcom Fixed Standpipe
The Mt Larcom Fixed Standpipe is situated on the corner of Balfour- and Salisbury Streets.
Glenlyon Road Fixed Standpipe
The Glenlyon Road Fixed Standpipe is situated close to Tondoon Botanic Gardens.
The above standpipes are all electronic key operated, therefore key holders have access 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- A refundable $50 security deposit is payable with application for a fixed standpipe key;
- The fixed standpipe key is not transferable to any other party and is the responsibility of the nominated approved key holder. In the event of a lost/stolen or damaged key, bond monies are forfeited and retained by Gladstone Regional Council;
- Water charges will be invoiced on a monthly basis. The charge for standpipe water for the 2012/2013 financial year is $3.60/kl (view fees and charges);
- All applicants must have a registered ABN Number;
- Applicants must complete an “Application for Fixed Standpipe Key form”(download form);
- Applicants must complete a “Request to Debtors - Customer Detail Form" unless their details are active in Council's financial system (download form);
- Council takes no responsibility for the quality of water after it has left the Council reticulation system. Contractors supplying clients with water for drinking purposes must have a current registration as required under the Food Act 2006. For further details contact Council’s Environmental Health & Compliance Section;
- On return of the key, a “Request for Refund of Trust Bond” form must be completed, whereafter the request will be processed and the security deposit refunded (download form).
If any further details or assistance are required, please contact Council’s Water Services on (07) 4975 8204