About the service
The Gladstone Regional Council proudly supports the Gladstone Community Legal Program, which is provided by local law firm Farnsworth Legal with funding from Legal Aid Queensland. Legal advice and information is available to the public on a wide range of legal issues, face to face, by telephone and at outreach locations.
The Solicitor is able to provide assistance in the form of advice and support with basic legal forms, documents and letters. Topics include:
- Criminal law
- Traffic matters
- Family law
- Civil law
- Consumer rights
- Employment law
- Neighbourhood disputes
- Other miscellaneous matters.
Community Education is available to community groups and support workers on identified legal issues to better inform the community on legal rights and responsibilities. Community education sessions must be arranged with the solicitor and are held subject to the solicitor's availability.
Services provided by the Gladstone Regional Community Legal Program are open to all persons in the Gladstone Region.
Consultations are by appointment only.
All services are provided free of charge, are non-judgmental and confidentiality is assured.
Who to call
Community Advisory Service (CAS Gladstone)
142 Goondoon Street
Gladstone Q 4680
Ph: 4976 6300
Fax: 4972 6557
- Legal Aid - Information on a wide range of topics
- Women's Legal Service is a Community Legal Centre that provides free legal advice and information to women
- Residential Tenancies Authority provides information for tenants and lessors
- The Legal Services Commission is the sole body authorised under the Legal Profession Act 2007 to receive and deal with complaints about lawyers and law firms.