Community Legal Program
About the service
The Gladstone Regional Community Legal Program provides quality legal advice and information to the public, on a wide range of legal issues, face to face, by telephone and at outreach locations.
The Solicitor is able to provide assistance in the form of advice and assistance with basic forms, documents and letters.
- Issues include:
- Criminal law
- Traffic matters
- Family law
- Civil law
- Consumer rights
- Employment law
- Neighbourhood disputes
- Other miscellaneous matters.
The solicitor will deliver community education sessions to identified groups on identified issues e.g. youth, disability, aged to inform them of their legal rights and responsibilities.
Services provided by the Gladstone Regional Community Legal Program are open to all persons in the Gladstone Region.
Consultations are by appointment only.
All services are provided free of charge, are non-judgmental and confidentiality is assured.
Legal Aid Queensland funds the Community Legal program.
Who to call
Community Advisory Service (CAS Gladstone)
142 Goondoon Street
Gladstone Q 4680
Ph: 4976 6300
Fax: 4972 6557
- Legal Aid - Information on a wide range of topics
- Women's Legal Service is a Community Legal Centre that provides free legal advice and information to women
- Residential Tenancies Authority provides information for tenants and lessors
- The Legal Services Commission is the sole body authorised under the Legal Profession Act 2007 to receive and deal with complaints about lawyers and law firms.