Community Development unites the efforts of people to bring about change, develop projects, participate in local activities and take part in the community.
The Community Development program aims support to individuals, families, community groups and agencies, and the broader community of Gladstone region, by:
- Providing information, advice & referrals;
- Developing and distributing information sheets, booklets - including the Community Services Directory - and media releases;
- Coordinating & developing community networks;
- Participating in external community forums;
- Undertaking community consultation;
- Preparing funding submissions for internal services and external groups;
- Developing programs/services/facilities to meet identified needs;
- Providing of support to external projects;
- Undertaking collaborative awareness raising activities;
- Individual and agency advocacy;
- Delivering community education sessions/programs;
- Delivering of community presentations; and
- Providing administration for the Gladstone Neighbourhood Centre for tenants and meeting room users.
All services are provided free of charge, are non-judgmental and confidentiality is assured.
The Community Development program is jointly funded by the State Department of Communities and Gladstone Regional Council.
Who to call:
Community Advisory Service (CAS)
142 Goondoon Street
Gladstone Q 4680
Ph: 4976 6300
Fax: 4972 6557
GrantsLINK - Australian Government Community Grant Site
Queensland Government Grants
Community - information and services for Australians