Council offers two separate funding streams for groups and organisations seeking funding assistance in the form of donations, sponsorship and/or grants.
- Donations to Community Organisations, which is a general pool of funds for a range of community-based organisations and administered by Council's Community Wellbeign Department; and
Sport & Recreation Grants, which are open only to sporting, active recreation groups and organisations servicing the Gladstone Region. These are administered by Council's Sport & Recreation Section).
Council's Donations to Community Organisations Program offers funding to groups not otherwise eligible for donations from other Government or non-Government sources.
Organisations eligible for a donation can submit one application per category in any financial year. Applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the start of the new financial year usually between March 1 and April 30. However, applications outside these dates will still be accepted.
Applications must address the specific requirements of each category as stipulated below:
- Category 1: School/College Bursaries and Awards
- Category 2: Heritage Museums
- Category 3: Regional Events Support - Australia Day Events
- Category 4: Recreational Event Support
- Category 5: Regulatory Fee Reimbursement
- Category 6: Use of Council Plant & Equipment - Non-Sporting Groups
- Category 7: Public Hall Subsidy
- Category 8: Tidy Towns Entry Fees
- Category 9: Waste Tipping Fee Waiver. Apply by emailing application form to: email@example.com
- Category 10: Education/Guidance
- Category 11: Performing Arts
- Category 12: Mayor's Discretionary Fund
- Category 13: Community Service Obligations
To be eligible for funding in any category, groups/organisations must:
- Be a not-for-profit community group/organisation based in or servicing the Gladstone Region;
- To have access to funds generated internally from permanently licensed premises or onsite gaming machines; and
- Not be the subject of any outstanding matters of concern before Council.
Note: If your organisation does not have an account with Gladstone Regional Council and your application for funding assistance is successful you will need to complete a New Vendor Form to claim your donation. This form can be obtained via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 4976 6351 between the hours of 9.30am and 3.00pm.
All applications must be made on the appropriate forms (if applicable) or in writing, addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Gladstone Regional Council, PO Box 29, Gladstone DC Qld 4680. If you have any enquiries about this program please contact Janine Sorrensen via email@example.com
Other Funding Opportunities
If your project is not eligible for assistance under a Council program, officers will be able to help you identify other possible sources of assistance. For further information on other funding opportunities visit www.gladstone.qld.gov.au/web/guest/other-funding-opportunities
Supporting Regional Arts Development
Gladstone Region Regional Arts Development Fund: Applications Close March 30 and September 30 each year. Visit www.arts.qld.gov.au for more details.
In partnership with Arts Queensland the Gladstone Regional Council administers the RADF, giving local artists and organisations opportunities for employment, professional development and a chance to practice their art.
Individuals, groups or local councils may apply for funding to support one-off, short-term projects that offer professional arts, culture and heritage opportunities. Funding rounds close at the end of March and September each year. The Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) is a joint Queensland Government and Gladstone Regional Council partnership to support local arts and culture.
For further information please contact RADF Liaison Officer Di Paddick on (07) 4976 6766, email or visit http://gallerymuseum.gladstonerc.qld.gov.au/newsdetails.cfm?ID=98.