Council offers two separate funding streams for groups and organisations seeking funding assistance in the form of donations, sponsorship and/or grants.
- Community Donations Program, which is a general pool of funds for a range of community-based organisations and administered by Council's Community Wellbeing Department; and
- Sport & Recreation Grants, which are open only to sporting, active recreation groups and organisations servicing the Gladstone Region. These are administered through Council's Community Engagement Centre.
Council's Community Donations Program offers funding to groups not otherwise eligible for donations from other Government or non-Government sources.
Organisations eligible for a donation can submit one application per category in any financial year. Applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the start of the new financial year usually between March 1 and April 30. However, applications outside these dates will still be accepted.
Applications must address the specific requirements of each category as stipulated below:
- Category 1: School/College Bursaries and Awards
- Category 2: Heritage Museums
- Category 3: Regional Events Support - Australia Day Events
- Category 4: Recreational Event Support
- Category 5: Regulatory Fee Reimbursement
- Category 6: Use of Council Plant & Equipment - Non-Sporting Groups
- Category 7: Community Hall Subsidy
- Category 8: Tidy Towns Entry Fees
- Category 9: Waste Tipping Fee Waiver. Apply by emailing application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Category 10: Education/Guidance
- Category 11: Performing Arts
General eligibility for funding in any category, groups/organisations must:
- Be a not-for-profit community group/organisation based in or servicing the Gladstone Region;
- Must not have access to funds generated internally from permanently licensed premises or onsite gaming machines; and
- Not be the subject of any outstanding matters of concern before Council.
Please refer to Community Donations Guidelines for further details on eligibility criteria for each donation category.
Note: If your organisation does not have an account with Gladstone Regional Council and your application for funding assistance is successful you will need to complete a New Vendor Form to claim your donation. This form can be obtained via email email@example.com or phone (07) 4970 0700.
All applications must be made on the appropriate forms (if applicable) or in writing, addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Gladstone Regional Council, PO Box 29, Gladstone DC Qld 4680. If you have any enquiries about this program please contact Community Engagement Centre on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 4976 6300.
Mayor's Discretionary Fund
The Mayor's Discretionary Fund provides an additional community support category for organisations seeking funding that may not meet Council's general community investment criteria. Applications are assessed on their community value and processed by the Mayor's Office.
In 2018/19, Council has allocated $100,000 for the Mayor's Discretionary Fund. The community is welcome to apply to this fund by completing the Mayor's Discretionary Fund Application Form. Please submit your completed application to email@example.com. Enquiries regarding this fund can be directed to Council on 4970 0700.
Other Funding Opportunities
If your project is not eligible for assistance under a Council program, officers will be able to help you identify other possible sources of assistance. For further information on other funding opportunities visit www.gladstone.qld.gov.au/web/guest/other-funding-opportunities
Supporting Regional Arts Development
The Gladstone Region Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) is a partnership between Queensland Government and Gladstone Regional Council to support local arts and culture. Local arts and cultural groups and individuals, can apply for funding for specific short-term projects during two rounds each year, closing end March and end September annually. Find out more http://gallerymuseum.gladstonerc.qld.gov.au/radf.cfm
For further information please contact RADF Liaison Officer Di Paddick on (07) 4976 6766.