There are several locations across the Gladstone Region that cater specifically for dog owners wishing to exercise or walk their dogs off-leash. Dogs are permitted off-leash in the following parks throughout the region:
- Webb Park, Palm Drive, Gladstone (a dedicated fenced off-leash dog exercise park)
- William Miskin Park, 13 Morgan St, Gladstone
- Cashin Park, The Oaks Road, Tannum Sands
- Canoe Point, Canoe Point Rd, Tannum Sands
- Sandpiper Park, Parkside St, Tannum Sands
- Seventeen Seventy/Agnes Water SES Grounds located on Captain Cook Dr, Seventeen Seventy
- Agnes Water Beach, north of the ‘Sandcastles'
- Dogs must be under controlled supervision at all times in off-leash areas and must be on a leash at all other times in public areas.
Dog Off Leash Factsheet (Download)
There are numerous dog-free areas across the region where dogs are prohibited from these public places. On-the-spot fines can be issued to dog owners who do not comply or who fail to pick up after their dogs. Dogs are prohibited in the following locations:
- Barney Point Park, Prince Regent Esplanade, Barney Point, Gladstone
- Barney Point Beach (bathing reserve), Gladstone
- Friend Park, 2 Friend Street, Barney Point, Gladstone
- Anzac Park, 44 Tank Street, Gladstone
- Millennium Esplanade, The Esplanade, Tannum Sands
- Tannum Sands Beach (Area of bathing reserve marked on map in schedule 6)
- Agnes Water Main Beach (bathing reserve, known as the area south of Tom Jeffrey Park beach entry)
Dog-free zones also include all parks and reserves in a local government controlled area within 10 metres of the following:
- Any playground apparatus provided for the use of minors
- A designated playground area
- A barbecue or other cooking facility
- Equipment which is provided by the local government for use by the public for the purpose of physical exercise.