Rubbish can be delivered to waste transfer stations and landfills located across the region. View operating hours & disposal items for each location.
Tip Top Shop Opening Hours
- Gladstone Waste Management Centre: 8am to 4pm; Sat & Sun. Phone 4977 6590
- Benaraby Landfill: 8am to 4pm, Sat & Sun. Phone 4975 0700
Please note the Tip Top shops are closed on public holidays.
Fees & Charges
Many recyclables can be delivered free of charge. General and green waste can be delivered free of charge, up to certain quantities. Larger loads incur a fee. View all current fees and charges (download).
The above fees are relevant to all sites. Prices are effective July 1, 2017.
Special Disposal Waste
- Special Disposals outside Fees and Charges Schedule are via Application (download)
- Application for Special Disposal of Waste (download)
Domestic Asbestos Waste Free Disposal: Council will accept up to 10 square metres of material containing asbestos from home owners or owner-builders (from within the Gladstone Region) free of charge. Home owners and owner-builders must complete a Disposal Conditions and Application to be eligible. Contact Council on 4970 0700 for more information.
Mulch available at the Agnes Water Transfer Station from 8am to noon and the Benaraby Landfill from 8am to 4pm, seven days per week. The Agnes Water Transfer Station is closed on Christmas Day.
As at 30.07.2018 MULCH AVAILABILITIES
Benaraby Landfill - Mulch not available.
Gladstone Transfer Station - Mulch available.
Agnes Water Transfer Station - Mulch not available.
Conditions of Entry
Use of Gladstone Regional Council transfer stations and Benaraby Landfill is dependent upon customers adhering to conditions of entry when on site. The conditions are designed to ensure the safety of customers and staff at Council's waste transfer facilities.
The following conditions apply:
- Council reserves the right to inspect all loads.
- Scavenging is not permitted.
- Climbing on or removing material from stockpiles is not permitted.
- Children and pets must remain in vehicle at all times.
- Enclosed footwear must be worn.
- Flares, EPIRBS, explosives, ammunitions, fire extinguishers and medical waste are not accepted.
- Hazardous waste, such as flammable, toxic, corrosive, radioactive and asbestos materials are not accepted without special disposal approval.
- No smoking or lighting of fires.
- Obey all staff directions and advisory signs.
- It is the driver's responsibility to unload his or her vehicle.
- Council reserves the right to refuse entry to, or accept waste from, any person or commercial entity.