Every year the Gladstone Region celebrates Seniors Week to recognise the invaluable contribution seniors make to our community.
Seniors Week is celebrated in August each year to encourage residents aged 55 and over to get active, have fun and engage in the community while learning.
Free Mayor's Seniors Week Morning Tea
Gladstone Region Mayor Matt Burnett invites regional residents aged 55 and over to a free Mayor's Seniors Week Morning Tea.
WHEN: Saturday, August 25
WHERE: Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre
TIME: From 10am
BOOKINGS: Essential and can be made from August 6 (booking details below)
Bookings from August 6
The majority of Gladstone Region Seniors Week activities are free.
Bookings, which are essential, can be made from August 6, online, by visiting the Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre box office, or phone on 4972 2822.
Bookings can be made Monday to Friday from 9am to 4.30pm. Please note - no bookings will be taken on Wednesday, August 8, due to the Gladstone Show holiday.
Some events will require booking directly with the provider. Details of these are listed in the program.
If you are unable to attend an activity that you have booked please phone to cancel as soon as possible to allow others on waiting lists to attend.
Events to be booked with providers
- Seniors’ Celebratory Dinner hosted by the Rotary Club of South Gladstone on Saturday, August 18. Entry by ticket only available from Port Curtis Place, Gladstone Senior Citizens Centre, Oaka Lane, Gladstone. $2 booking fee applies. For further information phone 4972 4465.
- Gentle Gym at the Gladstone Gymnastics Club on Monday, August 20. Bookings essential, phone 4972 0300
- Open Senior (Over 60) Triples Bowls Tournament hosted by the Boyne Tannum Bowls Club on Tuesday, August 21. Nominate as an individual or team by August 14 by phoning 4973 8384 or email email@example.com
- Art Matters hosted at Art Matters Gallery on Wednesday, August 22. Phone 0407 142 113 to book.
- Fundamentals Bonsai Class at Gladstone Tondoon Botanic Gardens on Saturday, August 25. Payment of $50 required when booking on 4971 4444.