Council and the State Government recognise the special needs of pensioners and offer a Pension Remission of rates to financially assist eligible pensioners. The remission encourages pensioners to be independent and live in their own home where possible, which Council believes provides a ‘quality of life’ benefit.
The State Government Subsidy grants a remission of 20 per cent of all rates and charges to a maximum of $200 per year for the pensioner’s principle place of residence.
To be eligible you must be a holder of a current:
- Centrelink Queensland Pensioner Concession Card
- Veteran Affairs Gold Card, or
- Veteran Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
Council also provides a further subsidy of 50 per cent of the General Rate to a maximum of $290 per year to pensioners who:
- meet the above State Government Guidelines
- reside in an approved residence which complies with Standard Building Law
The State Government does not currently provide rebates for Seniors Cards, Health Care Cards, Health Benefit Cards and Repatriation Health cards for special conditions.