Council will accept payment in advance of rates and charges in a lump sum or via part payments.
Regular direct debits of pre-payments can be arranged.
Pre-payments can also be made via Council's Online Services (either as a registered user or by quoting the reference number on your most recent rate notice), BPAY (using the biller code and reference number on your most recent rate notice), at Australia Post (using the bar code on your most recent rate notice), at Council administration and transaction centres or by phoning Council on 4970 0700.
Ratepayers can choose to pay their rate account by instalments subject to the conditions on the rate instalment application form.
The following payment methods can be used to pay your rates bills in a lump sum.
All payments must be received by Council prior to the discount expiry date for a discount to apply. Please factor in delays in payment deliveries, for example via mail or your banking institution, when timing your payments.
Some of the listed payment methods can also be used to make advance payments or payment instalments.
- In person
- Direct Debit
- Wage or Centrelink deductions
- MyPost Digital Mailbox
- Overseas residents
- Council's Online Services portal
Online Services offers the ability to make a payment or register to also view your history of rate notices and payments.
Use the biller code and reference number on the front of your rate notice when accessing your bank's online banking service.
- Post billpay
Phone 13 18 16 and quote the Billpay code and reference number on the front of your rates notice.
Call your bank to pay by BPAY using the biller code and reference number on the front of your rate notice.
- Cheques and money orders made payable to Gladstone Regional Council and accompanied by the bottom portion of your rate notice. Post-dated cheques will not be accepted.
- Council Offices
Payment can be made at any of Gladstone Regional Council's offices. Cash, cheque, money orders, eftpos and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Bankcard and American Express) are all accepted. See Administration Centres for opening hours.
- Australia Post
Payments can be made at any Australia Post office with a copy of your rate notice. Cash, cheque or eftpos payments are accepted. Credit card payments are not accepted by Australia Post.
- If choosing to pay by instalments, you may wish to consider the direct debit option where Council withdraws the nominated instalment amount from your bank account on the 21st of each month.
- The lump sum direct debit option authorises Council to withdraw the required amount to pay your rate and/or water notices on the day prior to the due date.
Ratepayers who receive payments from Centrelink can arrange for regular, automatic rate deductions from their fortnightly Centrelink payment. Application forms are available from Centrelink.
The Centrepay reference number is 555076313K. Please use your assessment number from your rate notice as Council's reference number.
- Wage deductions
Gladstone Ports Corporation and Queensland Health have arrangements with Council to make optional, regular rates deductions from employees wages. Employees should contact their employer directly to arrange.
- Receive and pay your rates notices via Australia Post's free MyPost Digital Mailbox.
Please note that rate notices received prior to registering with MyPost Digital Mailbox will need to be paid via an alternative method.
- Overseas residents are required to forward remittances by bank draft in Australian currency to avoid short payments as a result of currency fluctuations.