The Gladstone Region leads the way when it comes to people from different customs, faiths and cultures living side by side in harmony, thanks to a range of initiatives.
Multicultural Week aims to celebrate our vibrant, diverse heritage across the region, while increasing awareness about cultural commonalities and differences.
The Gladstone Region prides itself on being a place where diversity is not only appreciated but also encouraged.
The overwhelming success of Multicultural Week (held since 2013) and Festival Day (held since 1998), has fostered the development of cooperative and collaborative partnerships among key local stakeholders to plan and deliver a wide portfolio of activities for the entire community. Those organisations include:
- C& K Kin Kora Kindergarten
- Capricornia Film Festival
- Central Queensland University (CQU)
- Cultural Diversity Queensland (CDQ)
- Curtis Coast Literary Carnivale (CCLC)
- DeparturePoint (Gladstone)
- Filipino Australian Community Integrated Organisation (FACIO)
- Gladstone Anglican Church
- Gladstone Cinemas
- Gladstone Multicultural Association Inc. (GMAI)
- Gladstone Police-Citizens Youth Club (PCYC)
- Gladstone Regional Libraries
- Gladstone Region Interfaith Network (GRIN)
- Gladstone Youth Development Program
- Lightbox Espresso and Wine Bar
- Quest Apartments Gladstone
- Saiki-Gladstone Sister City Advisory Management Committee
- Welcoming Intercultural Neighbour Inc. (WIN)
- Yaralla Gladstone Events Centre and Sports Club
For further information contact Council's Strategic Community Inclusion Officer Luis Arroyo on 4976 6352 or or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Multicultural Week and Festival Day activities
Information about Gladstone Region celebrations will be available on this page closer to the date.
More information available at: