Half-yearly water and sewerage charges to hit letter boxes next month
Gladstone Region residents are reminded that half-yearly water access and sewerage charges will accompany next month’s water consumption notice.
Gladstone Regional Council last year elected to change the way it issues rates notices, beginning with the 2017/18 financial year, to break payments into more manageable portions for ratepayers.
The first portion of the half-yearly charges appeared on last September’s rates notice with the second portion of the usual annual charges to appear on the notices going out to the public on March 5.
Gladstone Region Mayor Matt Burnett said Council’s discount for early payments applied to the second half-yearly notices.
“Payments received by April 4 will attract a 10 per cent discount and those received by May 5 will draw a five per cent discount,” Councillor Burnett said.
“Payments can be made via a number of methods listed on the notices, including Council’s secure Online Services platform.”
HELPFUL PAYMENT INFORMATION
• Pay rates securely online at www.gladstone.qld.gov.au/OnlineServices (please enable cookies).
• Registered users of the above Online Services website can view rate notices online.
• To arrange an instalment plan, complete and return the form on the back of your rate notice.
• BPAY and Post Billpay payments should be made at least two days prior to discount deadlines to ensure payments are cleared in time. Posted payments should allow for mailing delays.
• Information about rates, including how they are calculated, comparisons between councils and payment options, is available at www.gladstone.qld.gov.au/rates