ANZAC Day services across the region
Residents are invited to commemorate ANZAC Day on Thursday 25 April, with services being conducted across the Gladstone Region.
Dawn and morning services will be conducted in Agnes Water, Seventeen Seventy, Bororen, Boyne Island, Calliope, Gladstone, Miriam Vale, Mount Larcom, Rosedale, South End at Curtis Island, Turkey Beach and Ubobo.
Gladstone Region Anzac Day services
Agnes Water/Seventeen Seventy
• Dawn Service: Coffee Royal at Latino’s Café at 5.30am. Dawn Service starts at 6am at the Agnes Water Cenotaph, 2 Captain Cook Drive, followed by Gunfire breakfast at 7am at Agnes Water Tavern, 1 Tavern Road.
• Community Memorial Service: March at 10am from Tavern Road down Round Hill Road to Agnes Water Cenotaph. Service starts at the cenotaph at 10.15am, then refreshments and activities at Agnes Water Tavern.
• Dawn Service: Service starts at 6am at the Bororen Memorial Park Cenotaph, Bruce Highway.
• Dawn Service: Service starts at 5.30am at Cenotaph, Stirling Park. Followed by a barbecue breakfast after service in Lions Park, adjacent to Stirling Park, for a gold coin donation.
• Morning Service: March at 8.40am from Boyne Plaza carpark to Stirling Park led by Tannum Sands State High School Marching Band. Ex-service persons and guests will get together for refreshments and activities hosted by the Boyne-Tannum RSL Sub-Branch at the community hall, corner of Pacific Avenue and Ocean Street, Tannum Sands.
• Morning Service: March to start at 10.45am from Bunting Park to Cenotaph, RSL Hall, Stirrat Street for 11am service. Followed by luncheon at The Railway Hotel, Calliope, for members, returned and service veterans, serving ADF personnel and invited guests.
• Dawn Service: Form up at 5.25am and march off at 5.30am from Valley Shopping Centre facing Herbert Street, then service follows at Anzac Park, corner of Goondoon Street and Tank Street.
• Main Parade and Civic Ceremony: Form up at 10.25am and march at 10.30am from Gladstone Regional Council Civic Centre, 101 Goondoon Street, for 11am service at Cenotaph, Anzac Park, corner of Goondoon Street and Tank Street. Invited guests are welcome to attend a luncheon at 12.30pm at the Gladstone RSL Bowls and Citizens Club.
• Dawn Service: Assemble at 4.15am for 4.30am service at Miriam Vale Hotel, 9 Blomfield Street, followed by public breakfast (small fee, part of fee will go to Legacy) and entertainment. Hotel has a special licence to operate from 5am.
• Dawn Service: Assemble outside RSL Hall at 4.50am for 5am step-off to ceremony at the Showgrounds Memorial Garden Cenotaph, Mount Larcom and District Armed Services Centre (RSO building).
• Main Ceremony: Dawn service will be conducted at 5am, followed by breakfast and main service to commence at 11am followed by barbecue lunch, refreshments and entertainment.
Mount Larcom RSL is no longer a sub-branch but has become a chapter of Wide Bay & Burnett District RSL to carry on the ANZAC traditions.
• Morning Service: Assemble at Cenotaph at for 5.45am service which will conclude about 6.30am. Fly-over at 6.31am. A Gunfire Breakfast (open to the public) will then be held at the Memorial Hall on James Street.
South End (Curtis Island)
• Dawn Service: Janson Park by The Anchor on the Headland at sunrise. Organised by residents, this is not an RSL service.
• Dawn Service: Assemble at RSL Memorial on Turkey Beach Esplanade at 5.30am. Gunfire Breakfast to follow.
• Morning Service: Muster for a 9am march from the Rural Fire Service to the RSL Memorial.
• Morning Service: Assemble for march at 9.30am under the Memorial Trees at Ubobo State School, 16 Cedarvale Road. Service starts at 10am in the Memorial Hall. Light refreshments will be provided by the Ubobo Progress Association.
For more information, call Council on 4970 0700 or visit www.gladstone.qld.gov.au/anzac-day-service