Gladstone Regional Council has four fixed standpipes available for sale of bulk water to the public. Our standpipes are all electronic key operated to allow key holders access 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Fixed standpipes are located at the following sites:
- Calliope Fixed Standpipe is located on the corner of Archay & Taragoola Roads
- Glenlyon Road Fixed Standpipe is located near Gladstone Tondoon Botanic Gardens
- Red Rover Road Fixed Standpipe is located across from Jeff Ringland Drive
- Mount Larcom Fixed Standpipe is located on the corner of Balfour & Salisbury Streets
- A refundable $50 security deposit is payable with application for a fixed standpipe key;
- The fixed standpipe key is not transferable to any other party and is the responsibility of the nominated approved key holder. In the event of a lost/stolen or damaged key, bond monies are forfeited and retained by Gladstone Regional Council;
- Water charges will be invoiced on a monthly basis. The charges for standpipe water for the 2017/2018 financial year are - $4.20/kl Lake Awoonga Scheme; $1.05/kl Calliope bore; $9.60/kl Miriam Vale/Bororen schemes; $9.35/kl Agnes Water Scheme. (view fees and charges);
- All applicants must have a registered ABN Number;
- Applicants must complete an “Application for Fixed Standpipe Key form”(download form);
- Applicants must complete a “Request to Debtors - Customer Detail Form" unless their details are active in Council's financial system (download form);
- Council takes no responsibility for the quality of water after it has left the Council reticulation system. Contractors supplying clients with water for drinking purposes must have a current registration as required under the Food Act 2006. For further details contact Council’s Environmental Health & Compliance Section;
- On return of the key, a “Request for Refund of Trust Bond” form must be completed, whereafter the request will be processed and the security deposit refunded (download form).
If any further details or assistance are required, please contact Council’s Water Services on (07) 4975 8204.