Gladstone Regional Council suuports the establishment of Community Catchment Working Groups throughout the region to provide information and advice on pest management topics. The formation of the groups linked to Council's strategic actions of the Biosecurity Plan 2016-2019 was unsuccessful with landholders in the region.
If any Groups are interested in establishing as a Catchment Working Group they are welcome to contact Council who will provide an opportunity for communication and resource sharing between neighbouring landholders to tackle pest management issues. Discussion and aims of the the groups are to:
- Facilitate communication and sharing of knowledge on pest management issues between landholders within their catchments;
- Provide a forum for communication of collective pest management issues to help inform Council's operational activities;
- Promote information sharing on pest species identification, distribution and best practice management; and
- Provide an opportunity for resource-sharing between landholders towards achieving strategic control of pest plants & animals.
The following Catchment Working Groups are currently active within the region:
- Boyne Valley Catchment Working Group - Coordinated by Capricornia Catchments;
- Miriam Vale Rural Science & Landcare Society - Not coordinated by Council;
For further information, or to register your interest in Catchment Working Groups, please contact Council's Health, Environment and Pest Group on (07) 4670 0700 or email email@example.com