STEP 1 - Select a suitable park from our list of designated park booking sites. If you are booking Canoe Point, Millennium Esplanade or Tondoon Botanic Gardens, you will also need to select an area from the Area Map. Please take into consideration the size of your booking and how it may impact on the surrounding neighbourhood. Most parks are available for hire from 7am to 6pm, 7 days a week. Council will not accept bookings more than one year in advance.
Please note - Hiring the park does not give you exclusive use of the park. The park is to remain available for other members of the public to use at any time during your function or event. Picnic shelters and barbeques cannot be booked and are available for use on a first-in, first-served basis.
STEP 2 - Select and complete the appropriate Park Booking Application Form:
- Complete this form if you would like to book a park for a private, invite-only function.
- Tentative bookings are not accepted for private function bookings. You can contact Council's Parks and Environment Division on 07 4977 6899 to check date availability, but a booking will not be created until a completed application form is submitted.
- You will need to submit this form two weeks prior to your function.
- Fees must be paid in full at the time of submitting your application form or within one week of the application date.
- Complete this form if you would like to book a park for an event that is open to the public.
- Contact Council's Parks and Environment Division on 07 4977 6899 to check date availability and to make a tentative booking.
- You will need to submit this form 28 days prior to your event.
- Fees must be paid in full within two weeks of the application date.
- You may need to contact other divisions within Council to ensure you have all required licences and permits before hosting your event.
STEP 3 - Complete all relevant sections of the form, read the terms and conditions and attach all supporting documentation to your application before submitting it to Council. By signing and submitting the application form, you agree to all terms and conditions associated with the booking and use of the park.
Submit your completed application form to Council either via:
Fax 07 4975 8500
Post PO Box 29, Gladstone QLD 4680
Or in person at any of Council's customer contact centres.
Submitting an application form does not equate to an approval for a park booking. Once your application has been assessed and approved and you have paid all applicable fees and bonds, Council will send you an approval letter for your park booking. You must be able to produce this approval letter at any time during your function or event.
Please do not hesitate to contact Council's Parks and Environment Division on 07 4977 6899 or email@example.com if you have any questions or require further information.