Mount Larcom and the Gladstone CBD will get people-powered 7 Day Makeovers and we want you to be a part of it!
International place making expert David Engwicht will help ordinary people create extraordinary places, in just seven days, without endless talk and with all money going into making it happen!
- Give as little as one hour
- There's important jobs for everyone, of all ages and abilities
- Help transform a tired public space into a vibrant community hub
- Have fun
How you can take part:
- Attend the weekend planning workshop, then see your group's project come to life with the help of extra volunteers (work hours flexible days 3 - 7); OR
- Attend the volunteer briefing to choose the project or task that interests you. Give as little as an hour.
Click the image to enlarge...
Donate materials to our resources bank:
If you would like to donate materials to our 'resources bank' that can be upcycled into stunning public infrastructure please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers guide
- 7 Day Makeover brochure for Gladstone and Mount Larcom
- Facebook for Gladstone and Mount Larcom events
- 7 Day Makeover program website
- How the 7 Day Makeover works
- David's TED talk on place making
See what they achieved in Mildura:
Feb 03: People powered makeovers set for Mount Larcom and Gladstone
Feb 14: Community invited to create public spaces that 'feel like home'
Feb 20: Community will make public spaces their own at placemaking project
Feb 23: Public makeover project receives enthusiastic community support
Mar 22: Treasure-trove of materials donated to community-led CBD makeover
Mar 31: Community-led makeover of CBD starts this weekend
The 7 Day Makeovers in Gladstone and Mount Larcom are an initiative of Gladstone Regional Council and delivered by Creative Communities. The Mount Larcom event is made possible by the State Government's Community Resilience Fund.